Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MFM Window Wrap

How well dose it kill road noise?

If it works good it would be a tempting alternative to dynamat/b-quiet exct.

How quiet is the intereior with it applied?

My fest is sooo loud on gravel roads. My ears start to ring
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

I'll bet!
    I remember when my rear bearings were going.
    My ears were ringing when I got to work and that was on a relatively well maintained 4 lane highway.
    Remember someone doing this, but don't recall a report on the final results!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I have done it before with my # 2 Festiva L and it help a lot and kill the most noises. here the pictures of past with my green festiva...

Warning: using fiberglass mat stuffing up in hollow space can make you so inchy and lung hazard! always wear safety and be sure cover up them!

There some advantage and disvantage with fiberglass, the good it kill a lot nosies but bad it will give your festiva cancer of rust when water is leaked inside of car. So be sure no leaking water inside of your car from window!

Comment

hey festivaGTX! where did you get the stuff you used and what is the product name? It sounds better than the window wrap... this stuff is atchuley sold as sound insulation! is it self adhesive?
        RIP 90LX

Comment

I brought it from Home Depot store and they are great stuff to use in many ways. It's not self adhesive, but you can buy the spray cans adhesive (seen in one pic) it's powerful can!

I am going check up what name of company and i think i still have one left roll somewhere and it was 2 year ago!

Comment

Farmtek sells that stuff under the brandname TekFoil

FarmTek offers the best customer service and most economical prices on products for the agricultural industry. Product offerings include farm supplies, aquaponic, poultry supplies, agriculture products, animal housing, home improvement, commercial high tunnels and hoop houses, fodder growing kits, livestock care and greenhouse equipment, including garden carts and poly film.
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

i used it and the expanding foam with exceptional results.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

what parts of the car did you use the expanding foam on? and where did you get the window wrap?
                RIP 90LX

Comment

Anyone try the window wrap flex? its 70mils thick compared to 25 for the regular window wrap.
                  And they specifically mention that it cuts noise

RIP 90LX

Comment

i used the foam on the rear strut towers and between body pannels ant the support structure. the wrap covered as much flat surface i could reach from the rear seat hump back. i think i'll use the "flex" when i do my next festy.

oh and i also used 3/8" carpet foam to give the stock carpet some added padding.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                    X