No announcement yet.

Done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anodizing? That costs money, money which I don't have.

Obtain a can of $5 semi gloss black spray paint, a block of wood, and a piece of sand paper. Paint the entire thing black, wrap the sand paper around the block, and sand the top off the embossed letters, thus removing the black paint from them and revealing the beautiful aluminumosity underneath.

Not that complicated.
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

heh, as i said it's called paint.
      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Either way it was neatly done, i have seen some of the worst head paint jobs and was curious but the sand paper idea i never thought of. :?

I guess a thin coat of matt over the lettering would stop oxidization or a thin coat of zinc

Still the white finish was nice and tidy
        :angel12:-Santos
        I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

Ok update:

I went to get my registration sticker. In Ontario, you pay $74 a year to renew your license plate registration. We don't have to pass any visual inspection, just an emissions test every second year. I forgot that I didn't have to get the car emission tested last year, and had to get it emission tested this year. Imagine my surprise when I finally got to the front of the line after waiting for an hour (literally) and was asked for my emission test paper.

So now I need to get the downpipe finished, then get it emission tested, then get my plate sticker, then get insurance, then tune it, and then drive it. Woo hoo.
          * Retired Festiva-er*
          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!

Comment

wait a minute, how are you supposed to get it emission tested if it isn't registered and isn't insured, and therefore isn't legal to drive? Silly Canadians.... :wink:

Comment

Exactly. You're supposed to either a) get it towed by a tow truck which would cost about $150, or b) get a temporary 10 day permit which costs $15. I plan to do neither and just take my chances.
              * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

yeah damn the man and the red tape...go renagade on em.
                Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

what? $15 and you want to risk it? Surely not.
                  :angel12:-Santos
                  I Officially Hate Spelling Cow v1.6.0

Comment

so its on the road? took you long enough!!

then again, we are taking too long to install our new-style bp magically motor
                    Wil
                    02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                    00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                    05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                    93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                    96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                    93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Took me long enough?! You're in school, I'm sure you know how it is. The reason it took so long was I had to keep school, girlfriend, car time and my money in balance... unlike some, I can't devote hours on end to the car.

And I did a lot of work to it! Completely new suspension, new stainless lines, new head, re-wired the ECU, intercooler piping, etc etc etc! I think I did it pretty quickly considering how much other shit I have on my plate right now.
                      * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

Working...
                      X