No announcement yet.

yippee. another ticket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunately, not all the states do that well^^^. MD sucks at enforcing that. I always get stuck behind out-of stater doing 60 in the left lane of I95 in a 65 zone.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Last ticket I got was in PA. And yep there were all kinds of extras added to it. For doing 87 in a 65 it cost $158.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

psh 158 is fine with me lol and well... i'm not proud. but it could be worse... do you ever go to cali? people drive like maniacs. i came out here from arkansas about 8 years ago.. always been used to slow driving so the change was drastic. you just get used to moving fast when you live here... maybe it depends on your growing up... grew up with an ex-ambulance driver so i'm used to driving a little fast.. 82 isn't that bad i'd say... it's when you hit the 90's that i'd say it's too much.. 85 ish doesn't seem so bad to me in california... weaving in and out.... maybe an exageration... i was goin in between cars that weren't going as fast as me... but when he caught me, i was behind a car only going a few miles slower than me... so who knows.... i think he just got me because iw as the one who hit the brakes the hardest... it happens...

it was on the onramp going from the 10 to the 30.
        Redlands, CA
        1995 Ford Aspire [Red]

Comment

Passing lanes...are like a flowing river...the water on top flows faster than the ater in the bottom....if it didn't...the water would back up without a dam.
          If the faster traffic was to one side and the slower to the other side...the maximum amount of traffic would move though a given point.

For all of you who weave thru traffic...you only do it because the weaver in front of you created the mess!
          Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
          The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

well stated.
            Redlands, CA
            1995 Ford Aspire [Red]

Comment

Some folks just think they are better drivers and better in general than the rest of the driving public. They are so good they can make up their own driving rules. I also notice Many drivers of SUV's think they are so much more important and where they have to be is more important than the others out there. The others just get in the way!
              There are all sorts of wonderful maneuvers that can be employed to slow them up.
              Not getting in front of them helps too.
              I have a philosophy when I drive, I don't tailgate, I would rather hang back and watch the accident unfold, than to be an active participant.
              it runs so sweet
              91 L 5spd

Comment

Fight the ticket. It will only cost a couple of hundred but the insurance will bite you forever or at least a very long time. As a retiree I have way more time than money so my last three speeding tickets I beat. Go to findlaw.com and they will lay out the parameters in which a cop with radar has to clock you. The radar also must be certified as properly working every so often. In NY it's daily where the radar must be calibrated. There is also a good chance the cop won't show. Good luck n slow down, at least where cops are.

Comment

Re: yippee. another ticket.

Originally posted by cyrus
                  was doing 87 comin around an onramp i frequently speed on... well... highway patrol parked on the end of the turn... put it in gear before he even got me clocked cuz i was weaving in an out of cars.... darn it...

well.. i saw him.. slowed down as much as i could without it being noticeable... well... only got down to 82. gave me a ticket with that number.

knew he was gonna get me when i saw him hit the breaks for a split second as i came up to him. i figured i'd just be honest. pulled right over when he started his lights up. he was still way back there but i figured... why run? so yeah...

any ideas how much??

82 in a 65.
                  I was written up on the 241 Toll Road for going 75 in a 65. The officer really pulled me over because I pushed in the clutch and revved a bunch of times at him on the side of the road. The CHP officer was going easy on my write up because I didn't give him an exact number of how fast I was going. He marked on my ticket that I was going 85-90 but he wasn't sure. It was a $145 ticket.

I've had two different speeding tickets. CVC 22350 which is the "basic speed law" (the officer is who determines your 'safe speed' for the conditions). Then there is CVC 22349 which is the Maximum speed of 65 mph law (it means what it says). By far, 22350 is easier to fight, because you could be traveling 60 in a 45 zone and get away with it. Then you get to the 22349, which is really hard to fight. You can only challenge HOW the officer obtained your speed.

My most recent 22349 was the 75 in a 65 zone on the 241 Toll Road. I fought it by requesting a trial by written declaration. It should be the second paragraph from the bottom on the back side of your ticket. In your case, I would highly suggest that you waste time. My ticket for example was written on 3/23/07. I did not show up in court until some time in October of 2007. You waste time by waiting until like three days before your deadline for responding.

So you request your trial by written declaration, write down what happened and how you were written up. If you're found guilty in your trial by written declaration, you're still given the option of a second trial. A trial de novo. This trial, you show up in court, and so does the officer that pulled you over. If you waste enough time, then the ticketing officer is less likely to remember you and when he pulled you over.

On my last ticket, I was found guilty in my trial by written declaration, and went to my trial de novo to ask for level two traffic school. My officer didn't show up, and my bail money was refunded.

Comment

Speaking of getting tickets, i just got one tonight, i got caught doing 80km/h in a 50km/h zone i had turned around to caught up to a friend of mine and as i got up to 80 and started to slow down, i saw the cop turn the headlights on and pull out behind me, the cop was very nice and polite and she dropped the charges down to 65km/h in a 50km/h zone which lowered the fine from $220 to $52.50 so i was kinda happy i didn't get the full amount, just still sucks i got a ticket

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

^^You should have wowed her with your magic powers and asked her out!
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
                        ^^You should have wowed her with your magic powers and asked her out!
                        you know i seriously thought about it, but she was old enough to be my mother, so if i did try to make a move on her i probably would have got a ticket for the full speed i was doin :lol: :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

pay the ticket, then call her back and ask her out!
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
                            unfortunately, not all the states do that well^^^. MD sucks at enforcing that. I always get stuck behind out-of stater doing 60 in the left lane of I95 in a 65 zone.
                            Only 60? in memphis, we get people in the left lane of i 40 doing 45. makes for some bad road rage. :lol:
                            89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                            92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                            New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

x2 :lol:

Originally posted by geezerstiva
                              Originally posted by FB71
                              Only 60? in memphis, we get people in the left lane of i 40 doing 45. makes for some bad road rage. :lol:
                              Redlands, CA
                              1995 Ford Aspire [Red]

Comment

Working...
                              X