No announcement yet.

Honda #@$%&@#?@!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

color me jealous. even if i don't like everything about that car, i still have to admire it, alot of work went into that.
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
      That blue Civic is retarded looking.
      Agreed! Please, he could have done it taste-full. Instead it looks like he went through a JC Whitney catalog and said all take all that!

Comment

and if i was gonna own a honduh it would be a 95 prelude, with nitrous. those things are fast stock though, i test drove one and loved it...just didn't love the price tag.
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Originally posted by oxbrain
          I don't like how one door is lambo and one is suicide, but saying it's retarded is going way too far. Putting a turbo on that car is useful because it is a SHOW car. People at shows want to see nice looking cars and turbos look nice. It's not like he's spending YOUR money on his car.

A turbo is not a decoration, its a part with the sole purpose of making an engine perform better. If that performance is never going to be requested of said engine, its pointless. You're right, he's not spending my money, but last I checked i'm entitled to my opinion, and in my opinion putting a turbo on a car thats not intended to be used frequently at the track is senseless to a fault. The sad thing is that with the added weight of the door conversions, the (assumed) gobs of lighting and stereo equipment, etc.... even if it did hit the track it probably would only be about as fast as my car, that i've spent a whopping $1500 on, whereas that turbo kit alone most likely cost around $3000, plus the ridiculous amount of money spent on other areas.

Admittedly, I have never been a "show car" person, but I have no beef with show cars, I just think its idiotic for someone to spend money on a turbo kit because of how it LOOKS. Simon takes his car to the track, so i have no problem with his B6T swap. But if he decided to do all that work just to let the car be trailered around or covered up 90% of the time, i would call that retarded too. Just like I think 40 year old men who buy Z06 corvettes and let them sit in their garage to gather dust are retarded. Cars were made to be driven, turbos were made to be used. How many times has that car ever actually even seen boost?

Comment

Originally posted by EVOGUN
            Originally posted by B6T
            Agreed! Please, he could have done it taste-full. Instead it looks like he went through a JC Whitney catalog and said all take all that!

Uhhh, i dunno EVO, that front bumper of yours doesn't leave you much room to talk

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyJay1.8T
              Cars were made to be driven...

I've seen cars at shows where they remove the gas tank to make room in the back for more speakers/amps. As long as his car drives then it's better than some.

I disagree that a turbo is too expensive for a show car. If the whole point is to make people think the car is fast then thats one thing you can do. From the few import shows I've been to, my opinion of the people who attend is pretty low. Most of them saw F&F(Danger to manifold) and thats all they know about cars. So to these people a chromed turbo and a 300 lb stereo mean fast. Thats just the way the market works.

In many ways I like the shift away from performance tuning and towards apperance. If every street racer caries an extra 500 lbs of cosmetics in their car then it means they will only stand out more to the police who have to reign them in.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyJay1.8T
                Originally posted by EVOGUN
                Originally posted by B6T

Uhhh, i dunno EVO, that front bumper of yours doesn't leave you much room to talk
                Well the factory one is alot worse and I need a big opening for my intercooler. What can you do!

We will see when it painted and on the ground with wheels.

Comment

I don't mind Hondas. I like mine old small and simple, like they used to make them. Not any more though!

My Festivas are actually doing better than my '81 Civic did, though. I got rid of the Civic in 1987, when it was only six years old and the carb had gone out (replaced with a Weber by Firestone). The Mutt's ('89L) carb didn't go out until this past year!

Civic hatchbacks were under 2000 pounds back then. Now what do they run, around 2500 pounds and up?

What happened to "we make it simple?"

Hondas are about like most other new "small cars" I see these days:

-too expensive
                  -too heavy
                  -too big
                  -too complicated
                  -too luxurious
                  -you can't get the most powerful engines in the stripper models

The closest Honda got to selling me a new car in the past few years was when I saw one I really really wanted sitting in the middle of the showroom floor.

"I want THAT ONE!" I told them.

They wouldn't sell it to me. It was a new condition '79 CVCC in bright yellow! They weren't selling it to anyone.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by wtfman2
                    I see jealous people. (said in a whisper)

Clinton
                    I see people that are hallucinating
                    * Retired Festiva-er*
                    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

There is a fungus among us.

Clinton

Comment

I have no problem with the older Honda Civics. My Dad drove an '84 Civic hatchback that bore an uncanny resemblance to my Festiva until 2003, when it was totalled in an accident. Great, well-built cars. It's only the ricers who have given them a bad name. :roll:

Regards,

Tim
                        White '89L auto - Sold!
                        Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Clinton
                          Not among me though...maybe you should see a doctor.
                          * Retired Festiva-er*
                          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Clinton

Magic mushrooms?
                            White '89L auto - Sold!
                            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

-you can't get the most powerful engines in the stripper models
                              yeah but at least the stripper will keep you entertained on the long trips...i do hate having to feed her though, she can never order off the value menu!

Comment

this is funny cuss i have a lifted ford, and a ford festiva, and a 96 civic HB with a JDM b16a, with a built head, as a daily driver, but i never though guys on this forum would be talkin about honda's..lol

Good shit

Comment

Working...
                                X