New girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New girl

Thought I'd drop a hello in here. I've also already posted in the Wanted section.

I found your site while trying to find a Festiva to purchase in the Arkansas area.

I fell in love with a Festiva in 1995. They say your first love is always the best but I hope to find another Festiva so I can test that theory. I bought a 1988 Festiva for $2400. I thought that a little pricy at the time but took it home anyway because that was what I wanted (I was after a car with good gas mileage and I got so much more). I promptly named the car Marvin (my friends thought I was nuts) and off I went. I learned to drive manual transmission in that car and decided I really liked manual (much handier on the icy winter roads of Washington state where I was living at the time). I had that car 5 years and at 190,000 miles his clutch was tired and the engine weak so I replaced the clutch and had the engine rebuilt. Clutch was great but the engine was never as strong as it had been. I probably should have just replaced it. But I ended up buying a Cavalier and giving Marvin to a friend (still ran good, but not for the long road trips I was taking). And I have regretted that decision ever since. I still hear from Marvin's new family on occasion and he is still doing well, but I miss him. I want a Marvin II.

I've always had people tease me about being so attached to my "little blue death can" or "pregnant roller skate" but when I was able to find parking spaces they'd never even have a prayer of fitting their cars into I'd smile gently while they stared wide eyed. I miss the gas mileage on my Marvin and I really miss that little bitty gas tank that I could run all week on.

And I miss the stunned looks I'd get from people when I'd do things like load a washing machine or something else large into the back of Marvin (Marvin was convinced he was an SUV and *I* certainly didn't try to dissuade him.) Never had a car handle so well on old rutted up logging roads and did you know you can fit 12 banana boxes in the back of a Festiva with room to spare? Granted, not much room, but some. There was even one night on our way home from Missoula MT that Marvin had a delusional episode and decided he was an 18-wheeler and needed to go into the scale to be weighed. (My best friend was at the wheel. Fun story I will tell elsewhere sometime. )

Well, now that I've rambled on about my previous Festiva you understand why I want another.

Oh, and my name is Kitty. Nice to meet you all.

Kitty
    :cat:
    Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Welcome! I hope you can find another, these are great little cars no matter what other ppl tell you. -Kyle
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

welcome kitty

i'm pretty new here myself..if you look in the parts wanted section..i have a festiva for sale for 900, but i'm in minnesota..i don't want to get warned for wrong forum, so go there and email if you like..ericthebull31@hotmail.com
      FORMER FESTIVA OWNER..I ENJOYED IT..TY

Comment

But I don't want a Festiva in Minnesota. I want a Festiva in Arkansas (or eastern Texas or northern Louisiana. LOL)

I loved my Festiva. I'm still kicking myself for not keeping the last one. I found one here in AR at a dealer for $1250. I was hoping to find one under $1000 but I might have to make the 5 hour drive to test drive that baby.

I've had three other friends that had Festiva's. One friend got rid of hers when the engine blew a rod but the other two still have theirs and love them.

Comment

iknow you are in ark.

i was only saying i am in minnesota..and btw i have had interest from parties in ill. and michigan..obviously there are people willing to travel, for what they like.
          FORMER FESTIVA OWNER..I ENJOYED IT..TY

Comment

Ooh look, Its a lady.

I'm in central Ar(conway). Glad to see a lady in here. We were getting rowdy. I think I bought the last festiva in a 6 state radius but I'll keep an eye out for you.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

You are not allowed to have the last Festiva!!!! I'm gonna throw a tantrum in Foreman that you'll be able to hear all the way in Conway.

I did manage to find one in Dallas for $800 that I'm going to inquire about. I've pretty much convinced my fiance' that I'm going to get a Festiva. Well, not much convincing. I told him I'm going to get one. LOL Now just to find one within a REASONABLE driving distance.

BTW, was there ever a decision made on whether to hold a south central US Festival or not? I would attend one within a decent driving distance, but there's no way I could make Michigan. *pout*

Kitty

Comment

Welcome Kitty!

Just be patient. You'll find one.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

welcome kitty! enjoy your stay here with us, just be careful, some of the guys havn't seen a lady in a LONG time. :twisted:
                  Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                  1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                  1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                  2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Welcome!

Patience is definitely a virtue when looking for a Festiva. I had one offered to me for $100 about two years ago. At the time, I didn't have the money or the need for the car. Now I live an 84 mile round trip from work and I had to search six months for a Festiva and pay $800 when I finally found one. I hereby resolve to never turn down a running car of any make for $100 or less ever again.

Comment

yeah i'm always on the prowl for new festy's...but with the ever expanding car collection i'm gonna limit myself to one more festiva or aspire for now. then i can start on my swap and still get good milage. in the mean time lol. my other cars are v-8'...
                      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Welcome to the site.
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by aithanmier
                          yeah i'm always on the prowl for new festy's...but with the ever expanding car collection i'm gonna limit myself to one more festiva or aspire for now. then i can start on my swap and still get good milage. in the mean time lol. my other cars are v-8'...
                          want mine? $300 and its yours.... needs tires, a tuneup, and an oil cap... got a real good deal on an 85 scirocco, and the dubber in me says the stiva has to go.

Comment

Originally posted by 2foci1festy
                            Patience is definitely a virtue when looking for a Festiva. I had one offered to me for $100 about two years ago. At the time, I didn't have the money or the need for the car. Now I live an 84 mile round trip from work and I had to search six months for a Festiva and pay $800 when I finally found one. I hereby resolve to never turn down a running car of any make for $100 or less ever again.
                            I'm currently driving a '86 Nissan Maxima that is my $100 car. I rolled my '98 Cavalier and totaled it and was in desperate need of a car. I had been discussing buying the Nissan from a co-worker and the morning after the accident he just brought it by and dropped it in my yard with title and all. He told me I could pay him later. It had 270k miles on it when I got it. I replaced the brakes, got it a tune up, oil change, new tires and an alignment and it ran like a dream. I'm pushing 320k miles on it now. I drive nearly 100 miles a day round trip to work and the engine still purrs like a kitten. Now the front end... that's another matter entirely. The power steering hasn't worked since I got the car. It seems the steering rack is a very unhappy piece of the car. Recently it has started to have this funny front end rattle and wiggle. Now that is fine if you're dancing, but is no good in a car, so that is what has spurred this search for my vehicular love. It has been a bloody strong engine though.

I'm either going to keep the Nissan and do some restoration work on it or sell it to my father-in-law. I'll see how ambitious I'm feeling after I get a festiva.

Comment

Originally posted by aithanmier
                              welcome kitty! enjoy your stay here with us, just be careful, some of the guys havn't seen a lady in a LONG time. :twisted:
                              See, someone needs to tell them they should come out of their garages and stop playing with their tools for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X