New girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2foci1festy
    Patience is definitely a virtue when looking for a Festiva. I had one offered to me for $100 about two years ago. At the time, I didn't have the money or the need for the car. Now I live an 84 mile round trip from work and I had to search six months for a Festiva and pay $800 when I finally found one. I hereby resolve to never turn down a running car of any make for $100 or less ever again.
    I'm currently driving a '86 Nissan Maxima that is my $100 car. I rolled my '98 Cavalier and totaled it and was in desperate need of a car. I had been discussing buying the Nissan from a co-worker and the morning after the accident he just brought it by and dropped it in my yard with title and all. He told me I could pay him later. It had 270k miles on it when I got it. I replaced the brakes, got it a tune up, oil change, new tires and an alignment and it ran like a dream. I'm pushing 320k miles on it now. I drive nearly 100 miles a day round trip to work and the engine still purrs like a kitten. Now the front end... that's another matter entirely. The power steering hasn't worked since I got the car. It seems the steering rack is a very unhappy piece of the car. Recently it has started to have this funny front end rattle and wiggle. Now that is fine if you're dancing, but is no good in a car, so that is what has spurred this search for my vehicular love. It has been a bloody strong engine though.

I'm either going to keep the Nissan and do some restoration work on it or sell it to my father-in-law. I'll see how ambitious I'm feeling after I get a festiva.
    :cat:
    Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

If you find one, and need parts. I know where there 3 or 4 in a junkyard.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Cool. I'll keep that in mind. We'll see how this all plays out. I think my fiance' wants to sell it to his father since his Oldsmobile just died the final death. As I said, depends on how ambitious I'm feeling because there are things I'm going to want to do with the Festiva.

Comment

hell I will deliver u a festiva.. 100 bux for the car plus gas money. I'll drop ya off an aspire for 200... can't promiss a title LOL wow though 1000 for a festy in ohio they are cheap! bought 2 for 250 LOL I decided to take 2 there small.. LOL but any how welcome to the site!

Comment

Well, wish me luck. I think I'm going to be picking up a Festiva tomorrow (Saturday). That is unless they sell it before I get there. Highly unlikely but you never know. But anyway if I get it I'll take a couple pictures after I get home and post them.

Comment

Of you or the car?

Where's that little emoticon that has the guy holding up the sign that says, "This thread is worthless without pics"?
              www.dantheoilman.com
              AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
              Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
              Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

hopefully of both dan LOL

Comment

down boys she has a fiance!
                  Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                  1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                  1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                  2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

we are not asking for a nude pic. just wanna put a face with the ex-police officer that knows more than any women I have ever dated about cars

Comment

Welcome!

Depending on your preferences for model (carb'd, fuel injected, 5-speed or automatic...air conditioning, no air conditioning. GL or base model) etc. it'll be pretty difficult to find a festiva within a single state.

I drove about 5 hours to pick up my 93 GL from central MD to southern VA near the beach. It had air conditioning and 5-speed (very hard find most w/a/c have automatic). And it had 240k miles! Still love the thing and it has proved that even high mileage vehicles are still useable.
                      Wil
                      02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
                      00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
                      05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
                      93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
                      96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
                      93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

I'll post pics of me in the car. Sound fair? I don't take a good picture though, so I'll make the car the focal point.

BTW, I am now Festivaed! Rockin!!!

Comment

LOL sounds good to me kitty congrats on ur new festy

Comment

Working...
                          X