Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shall I Buy A Second Festiva for $200 to $300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall I Buy A Second Festiva for $200 to $300?

Shall I add a Teal 1992 manual with 135,000 miles to my "collection" of one Yellow 1991 manual with 125,00 miles?

My yellow has a rebuilt engine (last Spring), but the transmission could use new synchros, a new speedo-gear, and the speedo-drive gear. I may tackle that trany repairs, see my post under Repairs Help.

Teal owner bought it for $350 drove it one week and decided to drive his truck. He says it could use a tune up, but it drove well and had no problem shifting gears.

I know how to check compression, I really don't want to invest in another rebuilding project, I would rather check out the availability of getting a Dual OHC 1600cc engine next time. However, if the engine is good cold be a good extra car for when my out-of-state buddies come up for salmon fishing!!! Also, I if decide to do wheel to wheel ice racing it may be handy to have an extra body, etc.

$350 is a good price . if it seems to run well, id buy it :lol: and teal is a great color
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Why the hell not?!?!?!?!

Comment

Go for it man, you can never have too many of these cars They're cheap to insure, plus its great to have a backup so you can mod each one a bit at a time, and still have a DD even when one car is being worked on.
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

There is NO good reason to not buy a festiva that cheap. At the very least you could turn it here or on ebay for a tidy profit. With that low mileage it would go for a lot on ebay. I would definitely keep it and drive it for that price.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Buy Buy Buy

my insurance for adding a Festiva is 18 bucks a year
            96 Ford F-150 XLT
            93 Festiva L (Modified)
            92 Festiva L
            68 Mustang GT 428cj

Comment

Id go for it. I had to hunt for over 2 years before I found mine. If nothing else use it for parts for the other.
              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
              - Unknown
              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

You're new here, so let me just tell you, whenever someone asks, "Should I buy another Festiva?" 9 times out of 10, we'll give you a solid YES. I believe Freshtiva said that we would buy an alcoholic a drink.
                That being said, $300 for just about any complete Festiva is a great price. Go for it.
                Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Do it, I would.
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I would too !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

LOL?! I've never seen so many "I WOULD I WOULD"s hahahah You guys are hilarious.
                      Redlands, CA
                      1995 Ford Aspire [Red]

Comment

Have you bought it yet??????

Comment

I'm in process (hopefully) of buying two complete running '90 L's for $400 myself. That would make #3 and #4 for me!
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

im waiting for a deal like that to come my way... alot of peeps on here talk about working festis they buy for 200 - 300 bucks but i never see em selll that cheap.... i think you all make it up and it gets my hopes up :`(

Comment

What are you waiting on , that is a deal .. GO GET IT !!
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                              X