dumb tailgater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb tailgater

this is great, yesterday right before the turkey vulture decimated my passenger side rear view mirror i was headed down to kc to pick up my son after work and this guy in a red cavalier was tailgating me. i was in the passing lane because as usual i was going about 75 or 80. well he got right o my butt so i tapped my brakes and he swerved around me in the other lane and flipped me off as he was passing, really mad dogging me so he got a good look at me. well it was classic because right after he gets even with me he notices my uniform, i'm still wearing my deputy sheriff uniform. his eyes got real big and jaw dropped open and i could see him mouth the words "oh sh!t" just as clear as can be. he slammed on his brakes and pulled off onto the shoulder. it was so damn funny that i just kept driving.
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

hahaha, that would've been so amazingly funny to watch.

The sheriffs department can't pull you over in PA.
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

really? i wonder why the sheriff department is hamstrung up there...oh it was a blast to watch that guys face, i just wish i had a camera within reach lol...
      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

^^speaking of Deputy surprises... (I'll try to keep it short)

I was heading down the left lane on I45 when a camaro with tinted windows pulled beside me (I was in a Celica) I took off and so did he.. we hit about 90 when we started going over an overpass. As we went over, we realized that the whole freeway was blocked with dead stopped traffic.. Since there are no left shoulders, I hit the brakes, pulled the ebrake and yanked the wheel pretty much all at the same time, which made me do a 180 screeching to a backwards stop. Seeing oncoming traffic I pull around and pulled off on the right shoulder (had to check my shorts :shock. The camaro had to take the shoulder and was sitting there when I got there.. That when the deputy sheriff got out of the Camaro in full uniform and started to walk back towards me.. let's see.. I was 21 no license,no insurance, borrowed car.. I'm thinking "I'm going to jail" I rolled down the window and asked if he was alright.. He smiled and said that was some damn good driving and reached out to shake my hand... I was like shaking his hand with this dumbass look on my face.. Since then I have allot of friends that are in law enforcement..

Comment

heh thats awesome. i got tricked one time in highschool, i was driving my 81 camaro, and a guy pulled up next to me at a stoplight in a mean sounding el camino. being young and dumb as i was i started egging him on, revving and so on. He did the same, and then the light turned green. the el camino was 4 car lengths ahead of me and i was breathing tire smoke before i realized what had happened. i followed him to thje local sonic and he popped the hood, he had a fuel injected 502 under the hood and 4:10's in the back, and was also wearing a city police uniform. he had just gotten off work. he actually had the nerve to give me a lecture on street racing....i was just glad that no one else had witnessed my humiliation, and that he hadn't been a dick and tried to take me in.

Comment

thought a cop couldn't do any thing if they are off duty... I know if I raced an off duty cop and he tried a wait right here while i call u in I would b out of there in a heart beat! LOL I also have alot of friends in law enforcement... Which is y I don't want to go to jail I have heard of the inmate tax.. LOL never join the innocent game of cards unless you want to lose something.

Comment

lol cops are never off duty. usually they won't do anything. i'll let ya in on a secret, cops hate writing tickets almost as much as people hate getting them. well...highway patrol likes giving tickets...it's alot of paper work and then you have to show up at court in case it's disputed. major pita. but that being said, most cops would rather be working a real case rather than pulling your dumbass over for doing 20 over the limit. so off duty is anything gonna happen to ya? maybe. it's as simple as a phone call to dispatch with your location and make model and plate number. especially out here in the sticks. trust me we get alot of those! the off duty officer might not do anything, but his buddy thats on duty probably will. if my cell phone hadn't been dead because i forgot to charge it the gu in the cavi probably would have had an unfortunate experience a couple miles down the road. but then i just hate tailgaters, especially when i'm speeding already lol

Comment

that may b true but if he passed u then slowed to speedlimit the guy on duty couldn't have done any thing about the speeding or tailgating u reported could he? Doesn't a speeding charge without a radar lock not mean shit? And ya for the most part I know cops hate tickets. I have also ment the few that have the attitude if it warrents there attention enough to get out of the car ur getting a ticket.

Comment

no i could have testified to the fact that he was driving aggressivly, as to the speed? a lock is NOT required for proof. a radar isn't even required. pacing is an acceptible method of determining a speed violation. the speedometers are pecision calibrated in the cruisers. bottom line, if you get a ticket and want to figt it you had better bring your "A" game to court, you have to convince the judge who is just pissed off that you didn't take it like a man and pay the fine. instead your taking up his valuable golf time and saying that his buddy the officer is a liar. not such a big deal in a bigger city, but don't even bother in a small town where the judge goes to the bar with the sheriff and deputys every weekend...

Comment

*warning rant/rave ahead

LOL I will contest to the fact of that in a small town been there tried that owe 150.. LOL however yeah pacing with a POLICE VEHICLE <-- pretty much what all the pictures and shinny letters say to me along with BRAKE LOL however if the offduty officer isn't in his vehicle, and was in a civilian vehicle (such as a festive that doesn't know the meaning of percision) was to try and testify the guy was speeding according to ur speedometer I should hope that the court would dissmiss the charge of speeding. And as for the officer, he should have to testify as a civilian for the fact that when he is off duty (as far as I know) he is considered a civilian and abides by the same laws as the rest of us road racing punks. But I know that willn't happen in my life time. The driving aggressive charge is a "judgement" call and could be manipulated into not seeing you when he merged and thought tried to pace him out of merging, and he simple reacted to your acts as though not to cause an accident. However it is like you said the cops and judges are buddys and laugh about this in a bar when ppl try to contest things and sound like whining 2 year olds. However some things that are contested and not dissmissed are not good either. Such as my loud exhaust and no front plate ticket in a clients car that I was contracted to repair... And I had to take fualt because it didn;'t matter if it is not my vehicle.. then laughed at and told to charge the guy more... made me wanna :violent2: and become my self :twisted: ok sorry for the rant/rave and bitching but I feel alot better now.

Comment

Never had a run-in with the cops before. But I was going about 80 in a 35 mile zone and whizzed right by a cop with no trouble. However, my buddy, who was in a Mustang going 50, got pulled over and got a ticket...

I did get me and my girlfriend kicked out of a theatre last night because we snuck in the back door right in the path of a cop waiting there.... :roll:

But I've yet to be pulled over...

Regards,

Tim
                      White '89L auto - Sold!
                      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

why were you in the passing lane?

its you kind of jerks that annoy me. i drive 160 miles a day and atleast once a day one of you jerks who think youre going fast enough to stay in the passing lane awalys end up maiking me tap the brakes which cuts off cruise control.

well i got news for you, just because you think you are going "fast enough" doesnt mean i do. i normally do 80-90 on my commute and so do a pack of about 15 others along side me. for the most part i can swerve around you jerks that like to sit in the left lane but once a day one of you jerks has the bright idea to travel next to a semi or somthing lolly gagging on down the road oblivious to my highbeams and horn in youre rear view. meanwhile you hold up 50 odd cars behind you who are trying to get to work early to impress a boss who i hate to try and get a raise that i really dont think i will ever see.

you know what i think about doing, when one of you passing lane jerks gets in my way, i eventually find a way to squeeze by and i get in front and slam on my brakes as hard as i can and i pray to satan that you hit me so i can take you to court and rob you blind.

how you like that?

get in the slow lane like any sensable person would, jerk.

Comment

got news for ya bud...try impressing that boss when your at the county jail trying to bond out of a ticket for going 20 over the limit...as for why i was in the passing lane? because i was passing people. it's because of a$$holes like you that i see so many wrecks on the interstate that block up traffic for miles and make everyone late to work. just hope you never cross my path doing 90...if you really want to impress your boss then get your ass out of bed earlier and alot more time for the commute use your brain and maybe one of my brothers won
                          't be scraping it off the pavement one day. i'm done with this fool.

as to off duty officers being considered civilians, thats not the case. officers are civilians when they retire or are fired or suspended. the rest of the time they are officers. i agree that aggressive driving is a subjective offense, but then so is speeding. if an officer feels that your speed was unsafe for the driving conditions ie rain, fog, snow, ice etc...you can be given a ticket for driving at an unsafe speed and probably one for reckless driving. which is what i would also write in the case of someone claiming to not see a car while merging...there is no excuse for not seeing a car while merging, it is your responsibility to be completely aware of your surroundings at all times while driving. not trying to lecture but there is just no reason for the number of collisions. obey the traffic laws (at least keep it within reason), and be aware of your surroundings, pay a little less attention to the radio and a little more to the task at hand. nuff said

Comment

Good advice there.

It's especially important to be alert and obey the rules within limits. In a Festiva, your first accident may be your last.... :shock:

Regards,

Tim
                            White '89L auto - Sold!
                            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

my best run in with the cops was when i got my street racing ticket... while doing 25 in a 35 mph zone. how you ask? i was driving my 81 chevy at the time and it's loud. as i'm leaving a light, some ass wipe driving a jeep floors it right as we go past a cop. i wasn't racing... but yet i get pulled over and ticketed. i fought it and won (luckily because otherwise i'd have been walking for 6 months)

now i play in a band with 3 state troopers (one of which is my gf's bro) so... yea...

as for the sheriffs in pa, they are used to transport criminals too and from prison to the court house or whatever...

Pics of the Tiva
                              Pics of the Cavi

Comment

Working...
                              X