No announcement yet.

dumb tailgater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had 2 run in's that got me tickets I am not saying I didn't deserve it however some of the laws out there flat out suck! E.G. in ohio if ur on ur property drinking a beer and it is in plain sight boom public intoxication.. And I am not saying all laws suck. And I agree with the P.D.'s view on it that they have the leverage over most citizans by knowing the laws. I have had run in's where the cop was just being a flat out jerk.. Guess he didn't like seeing a young guy on a newer harley with a hot chick on it... or perhaps he pulled me over b/c he wanted to check her out... what ever the fact an officers judgement can be wrong just b/c the officer stereotypes someone... thats the problem with small town cops.. never ment a small town cop I could get along with.. state high way and county I get along with alot better.

Comment

Originally posted by aithanmier
      but then i just hate tailgaters, especially when i'm speeding already lol
      i hear that, nothing pisses me off more than some prick in a fuckin SUV or huge truck blinding my ass when I'm going 80 in a 55 already! I am an asshole when people do that, I will purposely cruise down to 65 next to a big semi and stay there for a few minutes just to piss off the tailgater bwahahahah

maybe i'l get shot one day but fuck them!
      Wil
      02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
      00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
      05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
      93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
      96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
      93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Originally posted by rotinaj13
        E.G. in ohio if ur on ur property drinking a beer and it is in plain sight boom public intoxication.
        I think thats the law in all states. IT is in MD at least. It was probably passed b/c of homeless people or rowdy partygoers being beligerent in the streets while holding bottles of alky.

Dumb..maybe..but in my eyes it makes sense just as much as it is stupid. I drink a beer if I'm doing the lawn sometimes, but i keep it in my pocket in a bottle or something. Besides, NO police ever roll through my street ever so unless one of my prick neighbors complain (and they probably would) I am safe
        Wil
        02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
        00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
        05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
        93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
        96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
        93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

Private property is not public property.. and the PI could be easily beaten in court.. being drunk in a bar that has outdoor facilities does not constitute public intoxication, but step 1 foot on a city easement.. different story..

In Texas, no proof is needed for a PI conviction. Just an officers testimony that you looked intoxicated.. They say the burden of proof is on the accuser, but the judge will only see it 1 way.. What would the officer gain by lying in court? Guilty.... :evil:

I don't drink, but still have been convicted of PI for just being with a drunk person. I tried to fight it and it cost me 4 times as much as if I would have plead guilty in the first place.

PI is a catch 22 excuse for officers to take you to jail.. a passenger in a vehicle can be stoned drunk, but when an officer tells them to get out of the car.. bang PI. Don't get out of the car? Failure to obey an officer is obstruction.. go to jail.. either way you go to jail depending on what mood the cop is in at the time.. The reality is, if you piss a cop off, he can and will take ya to the pokey... It may be dismissed in court, but hehe the cop still f'd up your day....

Comment

That is the reason I treat officers with respect when I talk to them. Most of them if you are curdious and respectfull of them they will be a little more easy going... now if they walk up and u go F U then ur on ur way to the pokey for something or another.. The way I look at it even if I don't agree with some procedures or laws is the police is there for our protection and with out something such as that inplace I wouldn't want to go outside... or put down my shot gun.. Cause there would b mass chaos.

Comment

Having been an officer I can tell you that yes, there are some real asses out there. It is a shame how many put on the badge not because they want to protect and serve or contribute in a positive way to society but because they want that feeling of power. I used to work with a couple like that and someday they're gonna get themselves shot in the head.

However, there are times when even the most mild mannered officer can be pushed to far. They are human after all. And for all you know when they stop you, they had just had to scrape a six year old off the asphalt in a school zone 3 hours ago who was put there by some jackass that figured he didn't really need to obey the speed there. I will tell you from being in the position of being an officer interacting with a civilian; if you go in with an attitude, it is going to honk the officer off from the very beginning and probably going to be alot tougher on you.

Honestly, I don't mind being pulled over. It doesn't bother me nearly as bad as it does some people. And honestly, there have been many many times when I deserved to be pulled over (though not in a few years. I got older and took on a parenting role and that changes many things) but I interact well with the officers. I'm polite, respectful and I don't try to honk them off. Because when they pull me over, that confirms for me that they are doing their job.

As for the jackasses... I mean drivers that crawl up the ass of my car flashing their headlights and blowing their horn because they didn't get their ass out of bed on time to get dressed AND get their latte' before they rush into work hoping nobody noticed them being late again.... well, I just figure if they're flashing and honking and having a fit there must be something wrong so I better slow down instead of going around that tractor-trailer I was about to pass. And yes, I do have a license to fly that bird.
              :cat:
              Proud former owner of a shineee blue '93 Festiva L. Marvin will be missed.

Comment

I don't think I've ever had a problem with the police in this state. I've been pulled over a bunch of time, but it was always when I was doing something stupid(read attempting stoppie infront of speed trap).

Now, when I was driving across country I got pulled over 4 times between WA and OK. I got pulled over for having a hubcap missing, 5mph over in a school zone at 3am, one cop "thought my front right tire was low on pressure" and pulled me over and proceded to search my car. The best was the cop who saw me push start my car(dead starter) full of all my possesions(moving) and pulled me over because he thought I was stealing the car. He made me turn off my engine, on an uphill freeway onramp.

I work next to a police station and all the cops in the area know me and my car. One of them calls my car the little speedbump that can.
                OX SMASH!!

Comment

i have never been the cause of an accident in my life. i have never gotten a ticket either. pigs are stupid and gullible and i lie to get out of tickets. although i have only been pulled over 3 times for speeding. just lie and say my speedo quit working, its the excuse that works every time. my perfect record proves that.

Comment

your speedometer not working is actually a seperate thing they could fine you for. Then you'd have two tickets, one for speeding and one for inoperative mandatory equipment. I think the cops were just being nice.
                    OX SMASH!!

Comment

naw i don't think the cops were being nice, i think he is just lying. if your speedo isn't working you'll get a fix it ticket (like when a headlight burns out) and that ticket has to be accompanied by a recept from a licensed inspection station, that there was a problem and that it was repaired by a professional. at least thats the way it works here... and us stupid and gullible pigs are out there everyday risking our lives on bs traffic stops because you can't get your ass out of bed on time in the morning. grow up, take some responsibility for your actions and start respecting the only thing between you and thousands of murderers, rapists, and drug dealers that would squish you like a bug just as soon as look at you.
                      Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
                      1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
                      1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
                      2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

ummm micheal jackson fits in that list some where between murders and rapists.... On my way to work I seen my sherrif friend he was off duty but still in uniform. Recignized his license plate. LOL the code for drunk driving. Could tell he was still in uniform 2 got beside him and he wouldn't even wave yet as soon as he got home he gave me a call asking when I was showing up for his party tomm LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X