Worst cars ever built

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst cars ever built

Went to the mall today, walked accross B.Dalton book store and that book worst cars ever built caught my eye. Guess what car was in there Kia Pride and mazda 121. The ford festiva was not though. Wanted to take down the authors name and write he/she...
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

yeah my dad bought that book just to show me, and he had it on display
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
    Paulbarrera12.com
    Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

that is messed up deffinitly write them a note to fix that festiva should be know

Comment

thats bull! tell us who the authors name is so that he/she may get many flames via email!!

Comment

Just remember it all opinion.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay

some opinions r best not published in a book so that most can read what the worse cars ever made are >

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
              my opinion...about the author....Ill keep to myself

The worst car ever...or at least top 5...The 1983-87 Renault Alliance.

1.4L push rod engine.....I think they copied it from Briggs & Stratton

Gear ratios develped ny Betty Crocker (3800RPM@60mph)

Integral Secrurity System....they buried the master fusible link in the main wiring harness so when it goes...it takes the whole harnes with it.

TBY (beyond) Head bolts (TSB required up grading to grade 5)

Factory oil filter had a male thread.

Un-anodized aluminum radiator core.

Carbon steel thermostatic expansion valve in the AC. It better that it would rust up because if the circuit did work, the duct would stink...the condensat drain was above the botttom of the evaporator tray.

Apollo 13 altenator...rated 35 amps...always driving with minimum sytems avalible to get home ($200 every year or so)

I bought mine Friday July 13, 1984....after a couble of head gakets it finally died at 78K, July 1992, broken wrist pin. Replaced it with a my current ride....1992 Festiva L

I could go on forever....the worst car ever built...my 1984 Renault Alliance...................period.
              Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
              The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

I wonder what criteria that was based on. It sure wasn't MPG, or reliability, or durability, or driving/maintenance cost, or owner loyalty, or FPM (fun per mile) or a number of other things.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

lol...found this top 10 most scarey cars.. the festiva is listed..but ill give em that one because it is scarey going that fast when its raining X}

most scarey cars

Comment

The Festiva (or its cousins) don't belong on any worst car lists.
                    Here is Car Talk's list of the top ten worst cars of the millenium.

Sorry Joe, your car isn't on there, however they do have two Renaults. I think their list is a good one.

Comment

Oh, geeez, I've owned two of those cars!
                      My Renault LeCar was actually very reliable if a bit slow, but my dad had a Renualt Medallion, which was the biggest pos ever.

As for Gremlins being slow, not with the V8! Mine was quick, yet loud, ugly, and unsafe due to 4-wheel drum brakes. But, it was quick.
                      If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                      Mark S.

Comment

^^Nice link...I have no.8 in the stable...or at least it's cousin...1987 Chevrolet Cavilier RS.
                        Bought it in 2002 for my son...he and I (mostly he) did a full rebuid on it then (88K) he put 40K on it trouble free.
                        Comes out of the garage about once a month. Impossible to work on without leaving a pound of flesh in it.
                        When it was my son's daily driver...my daughter affectionately named it the 'Loser Cruiser'
                        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

That list is a crock. There's no 2nd gen Probe on it. :lol: :lol:

Sad to say, I have owned 2 of the cars on that list, and driven 3 other. :roll: :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I've got a similar book called Automotive Atrocities which gave the Festiva an honorable mention in the economy car section. Not for being particularily bad at anything but more for being so simple. It makes mention of the fact that power steering was dropped later on in the Festivas life.
                            I can see where alot of this negativity comes from though. To people who have not owned, driven or even been in a Festiva, it's not a particularily exiting car. It's small, spartan and kind of odd. It's a car that you learn to appreciate. You learn that small and simple also mean light and efficient. The doors may not close with a heavy, satisfying thud of a more upscale car but thats because they're much, much lighter. And then there is just the general notion (in N. America) that bigger is always better.
                            If everybody drove festivas the world would be a saner, more relaxed place.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnw
                              If everybody drove festivas the world would be a saner, more relaxed place.
                              Amen to that!! :thumbup:
                              1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
                              2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Working...
                              X