No announcement yet.

Just because I can.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, and she says 2 mins after I am pronounced, the car is yours :shock:
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Oh yeah, and she says 2 mins after I am pronounced, the car is yours
      LOL hahaha

Comment

I do it for me!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

I too bought my car new, in Sept 1988, and is still a great little car. People have asked me why I haven't gotten rid of it. My answer is: why should I??
          minimum 40 mpg, cheap-o insurance and it's fun!!
          I could do a b6 swap, an Aspire suspension, and totally re-do the exterior and interior, including a good stereo, etc, etc, and STILL would have spent less than 1/2 the price of a old, used Honda or something, and I would be driving something that is unique, instead of a copy-cat honda, toyota, etc
          I do have other cars, but the Festy is my daily driver, and will be for quite some time to come.
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

:laughing3: :laughing3: thanks! I posted a similar comment in a thread on a music page I frequent. A guy said he was going to buried with his VERY nice guitar. I told him to pm me after he died too. :twisted: :lol:
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

My friends always made fun of me because I've spent thousands on RC when I could of had a good guitsr or bass. (I dont even freaking play instruments)
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

I know I'm always bragginig about my Festivas.

Especially how little I pay for my own repairs, and how high my odometer reads!

I think Luxstiva's total costs since I bought her in summer of '04 have been between $2900 and $3300. That would be under $80 per month, including some work I plan to do this summer which will be around $700 or so.

That includes engine and suspension/brake swaps, improving my car's performance, plus paying a shop $400 for a new water pump on my old B3.

So I figure around $1000 per year or so for me. Some of you who don't do all that undoubtedly pay a lot less.

I can't believe people pay over $250 per month for a new car!

I just travelled to Milwaukee last weekend in a car with over 218K miles on it, getting over 30mpg (B6/ATX with 175-70-13 snow tires).

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

My motto for life is if you ask me why, I'll just say why not. Thats the reason I keep my Festiva. I got her Dec of 06 from a guy on CL @ 3 am for under 500 bucks. No cat busted rear pass fender and a round trailer light for a tail light (held on w/ metal strap screwed to the trashed panel). I had just blown the 350 in my 86 GMC Jimmy (10 mpg w/ 700 cfm holly and a cheap grind cam) and had to get to work the next day. Slapped in some flex pipe for the cat gap and bought a inspection and drove her to work. Figured it would last a month the way I drive. Little did I know. 182000 miles and leaked not a drop. Even compression across the board and WOW the mpg. You can't not respect that. Went from over $150 a month in gas to less than $40!! And I drive it everywhere. Got on the net the next day to source a taillight and found FMS and this spot. Read about the B6 swap.... Started thinking (never a good idea) what can I do with a carbed festy. Not much. So jump over one year later and I got me a clean efi in the garage and a lot of big ideas with my imagination being the only limit. Why? Why not.
                  Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Working...
                  X