Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Sentry, why so negative?

Here's a post by Senty, over on www.fordsix.com

well I tell you what; those guys at Ford Festiva.com are smokin crack if they think i'm goin' to pay much more than blue book for a festiva there are plenty better cars out there that get reasonble gas mileage without getting stupid about the price because they get over 35 miles to the gallon. Besides I found me a 94 Corrola for with a little over 100k for 2500 in excellent conditon. I'm not knoking anyone who owns a Festiva but whoever heard of suping up a Festiva, thats a polished turd if you ask me

Sorry for rantin' fellas but people who charge that much for a little clown car whose only pupose in life is to get you from point a to b as economically as possible might aswell wear a turban on there head and be from the middle east

At any rate thanx to all, for the responces and the info I love to come to this websight for info and wisdom people hear are nice and accomidating even if it's not about a Ford inline six and eventually will be able to rsiprocate

__________________________________________________ ___

and here's my response

dude, we don't sell the cars... You asked what an average price for one is... you found out. Festivas have a cult following, which is partly responsible for driving the price up.

As for hot rodding a Festiva being a dumb idea... I think some folks say the same about us and our sixes. You know, "when are you gonna pull out that six and put in an eight?"

Besides, what other car do you know that can be made to run 12sec 1/4 miles, slash thru autoX courses better than Vettes and Porches, get 30-35 mpg, and costs less than $4k?

You are entitled to your opinion, just please remember that we at www.fordfestiva.com are just hobbyists, same as the folks here. We don't control the world's supply of Festivas.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

You know Sentry...why even bother asking a question if you are going to complain about the answer. Why do you come here and act all nicey nice and then go to another site and knock us? Do you think that is the way to win people over? I would move this to the arena but I hope I do not have to....I want all of our members to be able to comment on this. I better stop before I get to worked up!
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

yes, please let's keep it civil. I just wanted to let everyone know how we're being portrayed in other forums. Like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I would hope folks would think their statements thru before posting.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Yup...civil....civil...civil....I have to keep telling myself that right now.
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Seems like he was trying to get people there on his side , but they seemed to more or less back up the Festiva.
          Ahh well. Like the old saying goes, Opinions are like ******* everyone has one and some of them stink.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

But he was just on here the 23rd , again acting all nice like , cause someone found a festy for him or as he called a clown car or a polished turd.....hmmmm...and we are on crack
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Every forum Ive ever been a member of its the same thing. Youll get someone who joins acts all nice to the members and then goes to another forum and trashes the one they just came from. All because the one forum didnt give him the answer he was looking for. I thought it only happened at the PC forums but I guess not.
              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
              - Unknown
              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Guess I am another crack smoker.....

I do like his sig,I'd rather wear rust than a bowtie.

There, I found something nice to say :angel13:
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

like i always say, clowns are a dime a dozen at the rock and roll bargain house.
                  1960 willys pickup
                  1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
                  1989 festiva
                  1990 festiva for parts
                  1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Who needs 'em. like some here said 'If we cared what other people thought about us we would not drive festivas'
                    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

I do not care what he says...what I do care about is that he comes on here and acts like all is great, asks for help, gets the help, gets answers......then goes on another site and runs us down like we are idiots or something. He even wants to buy the car that he is making fun of on the other site.
                      If he was just some guy making statements on another site...who cares. But he is on here like he is our friend, we treat him as such...then he dumps on us.
                      89L Silver EFI auto
                      91GL Green Auto DD
                      I will sleep when I die!

Comment

:angel4: Revenge is not a excepted action here at FF.com

:evil1: Or is it?......
                        Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

What a real class act guy.....you didn't deserve a festiva anyway.
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          ---------------------------------------------------
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

BAN HIM! :evil: :evil: :evil:
                            OK I'm overreacting. He has raised my ire. WANKER.
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Show me some mud flaps :twisted: :twisted:
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                              X