No announcement yet.

rude Motor Trend comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me and the fact my 88 is red, or do those cars look (2 door hatch)and sound (mazda drivetrain) like a up-dated Festiva?
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Great response Karl... should have referred them to their own article back in August '88
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

I never really read MT, I don't like car magazines that have writers that don't know anything about the cars they're testing, except for what the owner's manual will tell them. These people don't really know what they should be looking for in a nice little car (such as a Festiva). I think any car that can make it past 200,000miles and still run amazingly well is a great car and if Ford brings it back you better believe I'm buying one the first day I can. After being turned on to the Festiva, I can't see myself driving some other car and being happy with it. I caught the Festiva Fever and I like it.
        "If you're not first you're last!" -Ricky Bobby

-91L "Oliver" Now B6DE swapped with an ATX Capri ECU on a MTX!!!!
        The little Festy that could...and did!
        (Gone on to a new life)
        -90 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer

Comment

Originally posted by SIBladerunner
          I never really read MT, I don't like car magazines that have writers that don't know anything about the cars they're testing, except for what the owner's manual will tell them. These people don't really know what they should be looking for in a nice little car (such as a Festiva). I think any car that can make it past 200,000miles and still run amazingly well is a great car and if Ford brings it back you better believe I'm buying one the first day I can. After being turned on to the Festiva, I can't see myself driving some other car and being happy with it. I caught the Festiva Fever and I like it.
          You're welcome!
          Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
          Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
          White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
          White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
          Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
          Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
          Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
          White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
          X