No announcement yet.

Levitan is falling behind # 10 is home at the ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For '90 up there should be no ECU differences. Manual and autos should use the same ECUs, since there is no transaxle electronic controls.

If anyone knows differently, post it up! However, I believe all Festiva ECUs from '90 to '93 should be the same. '88 and '89 ECUs will be different, and are probably different between the carbed and FI/ATX cars. I have no idea if the FI/ATX ECUs from those early years will be the same as the later FI ECUs. Anyone know for sure?

For example, I'm using a 5 speed ECU from a 323 on my B6/ATX swap car. It's a two plugger, just like '90 to '93 Festiva ECUs. The ATX 323 ECUs are three pluggers and won't work, probably because they control the electronics for the 323 ATX, which was a 4 speed automatic.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Took me 3 pages to see it , but now I'm here to say "Awesome Purchase!" .... Surely you own more Festivas than anyone else in the world?

Comment

Marcus tell me what you do to find all those nice cars?
        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
        99 Dodge Caravan SE
        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy
          For '90 up there should be no ECU differences. Manual and autos should use the same ECUs, since there is no transaxle electronic controls.

If anyone knows differently, post it up! However, I believe all Festiva ECUs from '90 to '93 should be the same. '88 and '89 ECUs will be different, and are probably different between the carbed and FI/ATX cars. I have no idea if the FI/ATX ECUs from those early years will be the same as the later FI ECUs. Anyone know for sure?

For example, I'm using a 5 speed ECU from a 323 on my B6/ATX swap car. It's a two plugger, just like '90 to '93 Festiva ECUs. The ATX 323 ECUs are three pluggers and won't work, probably because they control the electronics for the 323 ATX, which was a 4 speed automatic.

Karl
          you're correct Karl. 89 was the only oddball year. All other EFI ECUs are interchangable.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

what about the 89 auto efi's? are they not the same as the 90's ones?
            89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
            http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
            92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
            New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy

You should also think about hosting a meet!

Karl
              Marcus IS a meet :lol: :lol:
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

:laughing3:
                true. he probably has more festivas than have ever showed up for some meets :lol:
                89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Wheww. Mid-Westiva is this weekend and Badastiva is going to make her debut there.
                  Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Originally posted by elcamino1
                    Marcus tell me what you do to find all those nice cars?
                    This car kind of found me. I sold the previous owner a couple of wheels probably a year ago. He came up and got them and saw that I had some other festivas. When they decided to buy the mini cooper and get rid of the festy they contacted me. I had told them I would help them sell it or maybe even buy it from them. Of course when I saw it I wanted to buy it, that happens to me a lot. Since they were the original owners I think they wanted it to have a good home. What could be better home for it than the festiva ranch ? It will get the care its accustomed to here.

Thanks for the tranny info !! Dont know what I was thinking about. :? Ill probably just leave it like it is for now. I keep looking for the clutch with my left foot though.
                    sigpic
                    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

you seem to always find some really good ones and then never sell them, when gas is at $10/gallon u'll need quite the security system for those things, or ull b a billionaire from sellin them, lol
                      "If you're not first you're last!" -Ricky Bobby

-91L "Oliver" Now B6DE swapped with an ATX Capri ECU on a MTX!!!!
                      The little Festy that could...and did!
                      (Gone on to a new life)
                      -90 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer

Comment

We should have a meet where we all just show up and use Marcus's cars for the weekend. haha
                        -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
                        -1993 Festiva L

Comment

Fresh, that's the one I need. I won't tip this one over. I promise.

Comment

Another one for the missouri chapter...ALRIGHT MARCUS!!
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

My fourth upgrade. Hard to get any work done working all the time. A fine two minute upgrade if I do say so myself. The FF.C donation sticker. Everyone should have one.

sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X