No announcement yet.

Im ready to travel with my festiva.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A class 1 hitch is rated at 200 lbs hitch/2000lbs trailer weight. Make sure you are not exceeding these weights. Use a bathroom scale to measuse the hitch weight. Look for the ID tag on the trailer for trailer weight. I think they make a smaller propane tank (half size). This would reduce your hitch weight a little. remember the more hitch weight you have the less front wheel traction / braking you have. IE don't tow in the rain.

Not only do the aspire brakes. But look into vented rotors in the rear verses drums. Also install trailer brakes. In a panic stop you need all the brakes you can get.

Get a extra set of struts for the rear. Install a set of front springs on them. During camping season use these. You will have to put some weight in the back when not towing.

Good luck and tow safe.

David

Comment

thanks for the info dahodges, all stuff i was already planing on doing to the car anyways lol. I think im safe on the weight, there is no way there is 200 lbs on the hitch i can pick it up with one hand, and i really REALLY doubt it weights 2000 lbs, i would be surprised if it weighed 1000 lbs, when i got it instead of backing the car up to it i just picked it up and rolled it over there, it rolls really good, and when i was on a back road by myself i tried an emergency stop, just to check, and it did fine, my cars tires didn't even lock up
      (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
      95k Original miles
      New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

Working...
      X