No announcement yet.

Lightweight Trailer Idea Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know... I know... I'm thinking for a long distance trip where we need more cargo than a bike will offer (like, a trip to the beach, the mountains, etc)

I guess I just need some bigger saddlebags... :-P
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Here is a pic of my trailer

Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

Comment

Too bad we can't get some festivas made, I would buy one if the price was right.
        Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

Comment

I would sure buy one too if the price was right.
          -Josh R

Comment

One of my ideas for our track cars was to remove the wheels and bolt a trailer axle onto the frame, about under the driver seat for CG. Then weld up a mount for a ball hitch on the front. It shouldn't be too hard to get registered as a trailer, then just unbolt the axle and put the wheels back on and go racing. It would be 700 lbs lighter than towing with the dolly, and a good 1500 lighter than on my trailer.
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

I'm still thinking about cutting the front end off my parts car,filling it in, adding a tongue and towing it behind my Festy. I've already got a 1 1/4" receiver hitch on my car.
              88 Festiva 5 speed
              89 Automatic L with 1 1/4 hitch
              93 parts car(not much left)
              89 free parts car 5 speed
              03 F150 6 cyl 5 speed
              05 Accord 4 cyl 5 speed

"When you've got kids, That's all you've got."

Comment

bike trailer

I wanted to be able to haul my our families bikes in my golf cart festiva and all the bike rack carriers hold the bikes too close together and they swing in to one another. So this is what I built. It can hold 6 bikes with as much room as most carriers have between bikes- but it holds 4 really well!

The post that holds the bikes is removable (2 bolts) so that I can add 2 ibeam "trays" to hold a couple mopeds when we can afford to get them.

I like your ideas of adding the car top carriers to a frame. I may do that

For those of you that are checking out the axle and tires--yes that is a festiva rear axle and our wonderful 12" spare tires....

Comment

Bell, that looks really cool!

Does it bounce much on a rough road? That would be my main worry.

Karl
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

thanks! It doesn't bounce anymore than any of my other trailers (usually most trailers I see on the road aren't loaded enough to make the springs work anyways)

Comment

Thanks Bell.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                      X