Trying to decide....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    So why is the original still sitting ? Good luck on the new one. Hope you take it home to the bat cave.
    Mainly, cause I know what all came off of it before that guy bought it. If I buy it back, I'm almost going to need another entire Festiva just to put it back together. Still thinking tho...

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

^^Maybe a good parts car.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

Time for an update.

So, headed over to check out the car that started this thread. Spoke to the guy on the phone last night, and he assured me he would be around all day today. So, naturally when I went over today, no one was around. Checked it out, in a little worse shape than I remembered. Rust around the rear wheels, a rust hole through the floor at the driver's feet, and various holes in the body that look like someone drilled a hole for no real reason, which holes now also have rust growing around them. The interior is a little cleaner than last time, but considerably less complete. Get the feeling the guy sold everything easily removed, and is now trying to sell off what's left as a daily driver car. After checking the car out as much as I could from the outside, I followed my usual procedure of pulling out my 3 festiva keys (1. Batstiva key 2. Spare key to my brother's old 92 3. A key I ended up with when I bought a replacement lock for the fuel door). The second one unlocked the door, so I popped the hood. The engine is surprisingly clean. A little grease, but no real sign of the typical Festiva oil leak. So, then I got to wondering....hmmm. Got back in the car, and the third key started it. Just in case, I jotted a quick note and left it on his front door, and took her for a test drive. Ran okay. Never driven an automatic Fester, so not sure what to expect as far as power. Seemed a little gutless to me, but not sure if it was bad, or if I expected more. Brought the car back, still no one home, and parked it where it had been. Facing the opposite direction. Anyone who was at the DJ Memorial in Sharon will know what I mean by that. Went to his front door, and exchanged the original note for one stating what I thought of the car's performance and overall condition, and made him an offer on it. For quite a bit less than his original price. Guess I'll have to see what he has to say, if he calls me. Extra Festiva keys are quite handy.

Now for the other news. As I mentioned before, I would have to drive past the Batstiva on my way to this car. Popped around the curve, expecting to see her sitting there, and she was gone. Stopped in and asked the guy what he did with her. And he said he sold her to a local junkyard early last week, and she was probably going to be SCRAPPED! Found out which yard, small mom and pop with the yard behind the house. Knocked on the door, and proceeded to negotiate with the man. Long story short, she will not be getting scrapped. She will be back in my driveway within the next few days. She needs alot of work, but for some reason, no matter how hard I try, I just can't get her off my mind. Fortunately, it doesn't look like anything has been removed from her since I sold her to him. Tho, she is filthy, and covered with some sort of green slime. Not sure what that is. I'll be snapping some pics, but I'll probably hold them til I'm ready to enter her in FOTM, in, oh, Dec. 2010 or so. So, Geneva, may be needing those yellow wheels back.

Still thinking about the other one, tho mainly for a parts car. Going to mess with the idle situation a bit more, and if I can't get it straightened out, I'll pull the motor and all FI parts from the other one. Don't know if he will take my offer on the auto festy. It is alot lower than his asking price, but considering the overall condition of the car, I think his asking price is a bit much.

So, that's the update for now. Hope I didn't go too Bobstad on you guys.
        Last edited by batstiva; 11-09-2008, 06:21 PM.

Comment

"Hope I didn't go too Bobstad on you guys"

haha!
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Just kidding, Bobstad, just kidding.

Comment

So is it BLACK ??

Just wondering if it is BLACK ..LOL
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Mostly black, with some faded, greenish yellow bats. lol.

Comment

I cant believe you test drove it w/o the owner being there or with their permission. Glad you saved batstiva from the evil scrapper.
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Might of well just stole it, hid it till you got your old one back and changed all the vins on the jamb, engine, and dash. You know it still not to late to do it. You DO have a spare key for it. By the way it's BLACK!!
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Well, he just called. I don't think he actually believes I did it, because he asked me if I wanted to come out for a test drive. Guess he thinks I drove it before the other guy sold it to him. So far, tho, he's not budging on the price. So, we'll see. Turns out, I went to school with his wife, so maybe that helped keep me out of jail, who knows.

Comment

reading this was like watching a sit com unfold - very entertaining - hope it works out with this other BLACK one . . . I think pac is still trying to figure out if it is black though.

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                        92 GL - parts car
                        97 aspire - parts car
                        87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                        http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                        Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

But what color is it? :lol:
                          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                          X