No announcement yet.

How many miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack's about to hit his 200k mark, and while I've only personally driven him for maybe 25-50k of that (in about three years), my mother drove the rest of it when it was her car. She bought it new in 1992, so the miles are all hers and mine, and my mother never so much as had the exhaust swapped out when it was in her possession. It always startled the mechanics when she'd take it in for tune ups and the like, how good the stock parts held up... and it's never had a single issue with emissions.

Good little cars. :3

The Little Jack - 1993 L 5-Speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by GoGuinness View Post
      Got my little 1992 green beauty in 1996 with 34,000 miles on it for $4995. It now has 97,750 on it. Since June of 2003 when I started tracking mpg I have put 11,094 miles on it. From Oct 1998 until I recently leased a car my wife drove it 3.6 miles round trip to work daily. In those 12 years I have replaced the emergency brake cable, replaced the catalytic converter because it was rattling so much, (it was still passing inspection) replaced the driver's side rear wheel bearing, and recently had to replace the motor for the engine cooling fan. I was filling it up the other day and two truckers were parked at the gas station. Just the tractors, no trailers. They both wandered over to talk about the Festiva, mpg, etc. One told me he had just filled up his tanks in South Carolina where fuel is 20 cents or so cheaper. It had cost him $499.00. He wanted to buy the Festiva for a personal car. I told him that to me this car was irreplacable and would probably outlive me.

Cheers, Paul S
      Good story !! Esp the irreplacable part !!
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

i got mine about a year ago with 88k on it and now it has 110k.. almost 111k

Ford Festiva L
        Automatic

Comment

Working...
        X