No announcement yet.

We should all give up our Festivas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at tires plus today getting a four wheel alignment. A customer at the counter had ruined a new tire on his new 2008 chevy SUV. The tires on it were so new that the tires dealers didnt even have any to replace it with. They called all around but he finally left with his spare on and no where to get a replacement tire. So I guess it works both ways. BTW tires plus couldnt align a festiva because the reflector head that attached to the wheel wouldnt fit a 12 inch wheel. They screwed it down all the way and it still wouldnt attach. They said all places use the same head. The said they just flat out couldnt do it. Then I said well I guess you owe me some money back for the festiva you did this time last year. Its being researched. The manager promised to give me a call with details. This should be good. On the way home I realized the other festiva had alloys and not the steelies. Im going to let them squirm for a while. Came home and looked at my tires and the belt had shifted on one of the goodyears I had on. I took all of them off and put on a new set and the car is perfect. Didnt need an alignment anyway.

The goodyears had no tread wear so I figured they were all right.

Last edited by freshtiva; 05-21-2008, 02:26 PM.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I have had a ton of ford dealers say the same to me. I broke a part installing a new engine a few years ago on a friends festy. I called all over the us looking for the part, and most of the dealers had pretty much the same attitude.
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

My Ford dealer actually LAUGHED when I was looking for transmission parts. He also said the Festiva and all parts associated were obsolete. It kind made me angry.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
        88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
        88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
        06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

i have the same problem here.

i have a friend that says that festiva lovers are the most hardcore of all. mostly because everyone thinks they are stupid and wut not. people with crx's and mustangs have it easy, you dont really have to like either to have one. you have to love festiva's to do anything with one... or two...
          87 rx7
          92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
          94 caddi deville
          99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

^ I like that We are hardcore !!
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I would have said something like, ya, if it was a ford it would have long been dead but festivas are atchuley mazdas which explains why mine is still reliable and on the road
              89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
              RIP 90LX

Comment

I went in to get a key cut at a ford dealership, he told me it would be easier if I took a match and set the festiva on fire

Comment

People are stupid. I bet mustang parts aren't "obsolete." brutal
                  Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                    ^ I like that We are hardcore !!
                    I.... AM.... NERDCORE!!
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

shame on him

Comment

You can still get those clips are o'rielly's...i have a box lying around i bought in wichita, KS when i went to pick up number 3. They caught my eye on the misc nut/bolts/fastner rack.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
                        X