No announcement yet.

chevy aveo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just stuck in the mentality of the big 3 being "american" cars. Truth is there probably aint an american car left,and if there was we probably couldnt afford it.
    I thought Ford used mazda engines and trans?
    1988 p.o.s. (228,000 and still going)

Comment

Originally posted by smithtaka4n1 View Post
      I am just stuck in the mentality of the big 3 being "american" cars. Truth is there probably aint an american car left,and if there was we probably couldnt afford it.
      On some cars they do.

hyundai, honda, toyota, nissan, mitsubishi, bmw, benz, subaru are all made/assembled in the usa.

Lets look at this. Some fords are mexican & gm cars are canadian & austrailian. Whats that say for us?

BTW the yaris is way better, and a huge aftermarket for them.
      In japan they race them in a one make series.
      Last edited by muscle_Car1; 06-02-2008, 08:46 PM.
      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by smithtaka4n1 View Post
        not for several years now. Mazda uses all Ford engines and trans', with the exception of the RX-8 Renesis. All piston engines in Mazda vehicles are Ford. The 2.3L Duratec is often mistakenly identified as a Mazda engine, because the first vehicle it was in was the Mazda 6. However, it was designed in Cologne, Germany by Ford of Europe for a global market. Mazda manufactures it under lisence from Ford for vehicles built outside the US. Since the Mazda 6 is manufactured at the AAI plant in Flat Rock, MI, it uses a Mexican or Brazil built engine. Incidentally, the Mustang is produced on the same assembly line as the Mazda 6, but the two do not share any components. AAI has been a model of flexibility for many years now.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Does the Yaris use the same engine that was in the Echo?

One of the hot rod tricks for the Echo was to use Prius pistons in the Echo engine, yielding about a 12:1 compression ratio...
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

man fb71 you are a wealth of knowledge you should write a book i would buy it and read every time i was in the bathroom, im getting sick of reading the same magazines

Comment

^^ummmm....change the magazines....lol
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
                One of the hot rod tricks for the Echo was to use Prius pistons in the Echo engine, yielding about a 12:1 compression ratio...
                They hot-rodded Echoes? I never heard about that. Have I been living a sheltered life?
                http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
                88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
                88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
                06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Why, thank you, Hot Wheels! Actually, a coworker and myself are contemplating writing a textbook.

Yes, change the magazines. That's how I've learned what I know...
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

My buddy in Seattle has had an aveo for a couple years now. It gets approx. 32mpg, with a load of crap in the back (and doing 70mph) I wouldn't call it a total POS, but absolutely a step down from the festiva. I told him he would be better off buying a good used Festy over the aveo, but he said he doesn't want to spend his sparse free time working on his car...I said, but that's my point...

The Yaris IMHO is a great car, but the Echo was even better (and if you're a lucky Canadian, they came in HB) I'm not lying when I say I use to get 49-53mpg in my 2000 Echo with 170K. I know someone with 360K on theirs, with no end in site. The VVT-i motor is no joke.

Brenton
                    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Toyota can make some cars that last forever, so does Mazda (except the rotary). I wish that they would allow keicars to be imported over here
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport(Sold)
                      1999 Ford Mustang Gt 35th ann. (Sold)
                      1993 Ford Festiva Gl(Sold)
                      Looking for another Festiva

Comment

the aveo is plain useless, ugly and a gay feel, i drove one and did not like it.

i drove a swift, metro, and 323. all 3 are better. i like the old style cars idk its the plain straight bodies i like, none of this curvy modern crap.

Comment

I rented an Aveo to go to the Snubby Summit in Florida several years ago. At first I got a blue sedan, the color I like, but the spare was damaged. I took it back and got a red Aveo. It did okay. I liked it all right.

I've only driven an Echo around a short block mostly in my alley. It seemed okay too.

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                          X