No announcement yet.

Me & Simon share something in common.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As what 25HP said... I used the same pins as him... The ones that "never come off", and I still forgot to latch them...

I remember how it happened both times too... The shows that I was at were coming to an end... Prizes were being given out, so I dropped the hood and went to watch. Got my award, went back to the car, drove off... and BAM! I guess I forgot to latch it when I put it down.

The second time was even worse... Because two girlies wanted to sit in the car when I was hitting switches (much to "pinkies" glares)... So again, I dropped the hood, bounced them around a bit and then awards were announced. Forgot to latch it again, because up it came when I left.

:-P
    Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
      ok, you touch her for us...
      10-4!
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
        The second time was even worse... Because two girlies wanted to sit in the car when I was hitting switches (much to "pinkies" glares)... So again, I dropped the hood, bounced them around a bit and then awards were announced. Forgot to latch it again, because up it came when I left.

:-P
        Sounds like Pinkie put the voodoo on you for giving rides!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy View Post
          I'd suggest just taking it to your local shop and having them tap down the rip, weld it back together and fill/sand smooth... Replacing the cowl means removing the windshield, I believe the dash needs to come out too, plus drilling out the spot welds and welding in the new piece.

That makes it offical, I'll never see that 10mm wrench again.
          Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

25HP - I know! She gave the evil eye and it all went down hill from there. Although, I must say that driving with the hood off the car does look REALLY cool.

KingFish - I know it's pretty involved... I'm pretty sure the dash needs to come out (which is actually a LOT easier with the windshield out, because of those 2 bolts that go straight down instead of sideways - which any normal setup will hit the windshield) - You might be able to get away with just unbolting the top and have room to pull it back and work... But I think it's just easier to tap them down and weld the stock one back up.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
            X