Hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    I *did* want a turbo capri as my first car, before I found my tbird.
    I had a 83 Turbo coupe years ago, lowered ground effects etc. I currently have a twin turbo Cobra Mustang.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Well I got the hookup from the guy I got the car from on the brakes. He works at NAPA.

Just paid $52 out the door for pads and rotors. Though these things look like they go on a bicycle. An aspire swap would be great but too much work right now, and I try not to use my brakes a lot anyway. Coast for mpg.

The rear shoes I can get for about $13 after core return. They have to order them though.

Gotta fix the rears at some point so I have the handbrake for sweet snow drift0ez, yo.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Well I'm about to finish up the front brakes so we will see how that goes.

On the tire side of things, I dont think I am gonna have any luck finding 12's. The junkyard down the road has a dodge colt with 13's that look like they will fit. The tires are a little big though, 175/70/13 I think.

Does anyone know where I can get new 12's still?
        91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Hello bhazard and welcome,go ahead and get the colt wheels if the are early 90s they fit and 13inch tires are plentyfull and cheaper than 12s.
            Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
            99 Dodge Caravan SE
            95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
            94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
            78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
            78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
            03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
            95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
            95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
            95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Skipped out on the colt wheels. Got two wheels off a metro with 175/70/13's and two off a swift with 155/80/13's. Got the skinnies up front and fatties out back, to help keep the speedo as accurate as possible and keep steering easy. Got an extra metro 175/70/13 as well. Got all 5 for $75, theyre in decent shape too. Theyre a bit big but look good on there. They cut in REALLY close to the bottom coil though. Im gonna have to keep an eye on the tire.

Front brakes are done but the pedal is still to the floor pretty much. Stopping power is way better though of course. I guess Ill just have to do the rears too.

Car needs ball joints and an alignment.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Do the metro and swift wheels have the same bolt pattern as a festiva ??
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Well now they wouldnt be on the car now if they didnt now would they?

They are offset more inward though I think and thats why the clearance is so tight with the spring.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

I think I'll be getting rear brake shoes today, as well as a tuneup.

I also ordered the front suspension kit from festivamotorsport on ebay. That'll get me the new balljoints it needs as well as new tierod boots, both of mine are shredded. Not bad for $120 shipped, not bad seeing as two balljoints are about $110 from napa with my buddy discount.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Congrads on the find my friend !!!!! & Welcome to the crew

Comment

Thanks
                        91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

No problem bro :-)

Comment

So on setting ignition timing, I grounded the single-pin connector near the wiper motor and the rpms drop, so I assume thats whats supposed to happen. But should the mark on the crank pulley line up with the "10" on the thing coming off the cover? I noticed theres another "thing" a little ways back towards the alternator that sticks out over the crank pulley as well, but I cant advance the timing enough to get the mark to it. If I try to retard it more towards TDC the car really wants to die, and did a couple times. What is base timing supposed to be on these?
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Working...
                            X