No announcement yet.

Check this minty thing out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I recall, the Yugo was built using tooling from the previous generation Fiat, so I think that there may be some parts support available from the Fiat parts guys. The reputation of these was so bad that Yugo owners were jealous of Lucas electrical systems.

Comment

Was there ever anything good about a Yugo?
      Someone with money to burn will buy it.
      Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
      99 Dodge Caravan SE
      95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
      94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
      78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
      78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
      03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
      95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
      95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
      95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Hey Mt Carmel is Coal Cracker country - Very Beautiful part of PA. I had a Dodge Van whose water pump went bad in Mt Carmel (I was on my way to Knoebel's Park). The people there were extremly nice to this 'flat-lander".
        BTW - Old Subarus had their spare tire under the hood. I believe the one I saw like that was an early 70's (looked like somebody slammed on the brakes and the car slid forward n the chassis - body style). Don't know if they still put the tire under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by roycehof View Post
          Hey Mt Carmel is Coal Cracker country - Very Beautiful part of PA. I had a Dodge Van whose water pump went bad in Mt Carmel (I was on my way to Knoebel's Park). The people there were extremly nice to this 'flat-lander".
          Exactly! I love that area up there... It's right next to my favorite town ever, Centralia.

And actually... I just took my little nephew to Knoebel's this past weekend.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by stexch View Post
            As I recall, the Yugo was built using tooling from the previous generation Fiat, so I think that there may be some parts support available from the Fiat parts guys. The reputation of these was so bad that Yugo owners were jealous of Lucas electrical systems.
            You could swap some Fiat engines into Yugo's. There was one around here with a 1.5 Fiat engine!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

lol... me too!

'92 Festiva: BP01

Comment

I went to the World Fair back in 1986 when it was in Vancouver. From what I remember of the Yugoslavia exhibit, it focused on the Yugo. Too bad it was one of the worst cars ever built. To keep one running, you'd need to keep all your kids out of college. Or not have kids.

I think I'll stick with my Festiva.

Comment

Working...
                X