Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philosophical quandry... when is a Festiva no longer a Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that would be a cool one to add to the stable.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I say that if it started life as a Festiva, it shall remain a Festiva until the last original part is removed. Past that point, it's just a one-off car. But the question could also apply to nascar cars. They used to be modified production cars, but now, they just loosely keep the original shape. So is a Nascar Charger really is a Charger? IMHO, it isn't. For example, if you build a custom tube framed car and drop a fiberglass Festiva look-alike body shell, does that make it a Festiva? But I also agree about Ogrestiva's evolution theory, but as long as enough of the original car remain, like the unibody and general design, for example.
      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

If there's one screw left...there's DNA!

Comment

I'm going up to engine swap and no further...if you alter the chassis, or one piece fiberglass the whole front end I'm gonna have to no longer call it a festiva. It may look like one but lacks the original platform in which a festiva was build on.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I voted Engine swap.....

As long as the Body has not been changed then it is still a Festiva.....

At least when we do an Aspire swap we are still using .......Festiva Parts........

And if we get down to the nitty gritty of it all......Are we not all KIA's on the inside anyway.....

I know my build plate says KIA MOTORS.......

Craig.....
            Last edited by 93_Festiva; 07-17-2008, 06:53 AM.
            1993 Ford Festiva
            Under going Surgery

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097069

Comment

I personally can't lose my 12" rims & tires or else I wouldn't feel I was still driving a festy....So I would have to say the wheels :-)

Comment

Chopped, dropped, or stocked, it's still a Festiva. It was the original vehicle that inspired us to do what we do to our rides. They may undergo a few "evolutionary" steps but in the end it is still what it started as that got us there.
                2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
                1991 Ford Festiva LX
                1989 Mazda 323 GT

Comment

Do what you wish

I voted the 'last screw' one. To me, it's a festiva. The title reflects it, the insurance, etc. Bigfoot is still a Ford, John Force still races a 'Mustang'. It is what it is. It's mostly not a Ford by nature, right? It's a Kia isn't it?

The caveat I will mention, however, is that if you sell it you must disclose any non-Festy modifications so that the next owner knows how to get the right replacement parts, etc. That's only fair.
                  Remember "I" before "E", except as in Budweiser.

Comment

^^Great answers from MeeMO and EightZero.
                    I have to completely agree. Vote updated.

Comment

as long as the vin still says its a festiva than it is

Comment

If Festiva still loves you & gives good MPG despite what you may do to it, it's still Festiva.

Comment

Working...
                        X