Your dream upgrades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your dream upgrades?

I guess it's kinda weird for me to be only 14 (almost 15)and be on a forum for cars, considering I can't buy one. But the love of festivas started with my mom.

My mom, once a long time ago, had her first car, a 1962 falcon in a powder blue. She had that car (Although it was the same age as her. XD) Until 1981 when the car finally died on the freeway.

After that, she got a brand new 1981 VW Rabbit. She had that until 1988. That was the year my mom got what she still calls one of the greatest cars of her life.

A brand new Festiva LX for $8,000. She had the best stereo in it, too (It got ripped off five times!). I still remember as a kid how I loved to ride in that car. Well, sadly, she one a contest for "Ugliest car" got a black paintjob, and got hit by a semi truck. My mom was O.K., but the car was totaled.

For me, my first car will definitely be a Festiva. But because I will be a teen, and teens need certain things in their car, I thought of the list for my future festiva mods.

Ragtop/Funtop. I got to say, I love the feeling of convertibles, but I don't want a full convertible. It should match my interior, it can be manual (I for some reason prefer manual everything, because I don't need to feel lazy.)

Sound deadening, and CD player. I'm a music freak. I love all kinds of music. From Riot GRRL, Classic Rock, Punk, Grunge, etc. I love a good song if it's got an edge and if it's got a beat. I want the best audio I can get.

Window Tint. One thing that scared my of the Festiva at first was my mom's stories of when she worked at Dover elevators. At the end of her shift, her festiva would be missing from its parking space. She would end up finding it later somewhere else. I can deal with this, because the high school I'm going to has a small parking lot, but it would scare me if people can see my interior. My family (Especially my mom and I) are very sloppy, and her interior is trashed. Mine probably would be, too. I don't want people seeing that, though!

Rear Window wiper. As an future driver, anything that can cause me not to see (LED taillights, rain, etc.) I want to be safe. Especially with teens being such horrible drivers already.

Automatic Transmission. I have ADHD, and people with ADD/ADHD are recommended to get manual transmissions. I just don't think I can handle that. Because I live in a big city with many parking lots, my parents usually let us practice driving in them, and I always seem to make our manual car stall. A manual transmission is too confusing for me.

What about you guys, what do you want for your perfect festy?

I have been building my 2 Festivas with all the upgrades I can get!

Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

For my car, I don't care how it looks. I want a decent suspension, good brakes, about 100 more horsepower and a transmission that will let me use it.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

It's super hot where I live

My little Moe has a/c, but it needs a recharge. Not really an upgrade, I know, but boy will I be happy when that a/c works again! LOL As a matter of fact, I chose that for my b-day present, and we're going into the shop for it today!

As for upgrades, I am on the hunt for a spoiler and side skirts. Maybe even those awesome bumpers from FMS (lots of $$$ for those though so that's a pipe dream lol). I have also decided, even before buying Moe, that I want to try my hand at painting a car, so I guess now Moe will be my first try at that. I have decided to keep him red. BUT, I would like a darker red than what he is now.

Believe it or not, I like the look of the stock 12" wheels now that they are gloss black. But I would love to find new trim rings since the ones that are on there have seen better days. I polished them, but a couple of them have curb rash.

I also want to get some head liner material and do the head liner. Right now, it's just this dense foam stuff up there that I am guessing used to have a fabric covering of some sort.

Window tint is also in our future.

Laura Z
        Moe/'90 Festiva LX

Comment

Well Bellativa is pretty well loaded, so other than a coulpe of minor things to the exterior , window tint , and a better stereo. Ill leave her alone.
          Crusher on the other hand, is a different story. His body is real straight other than a couple of dings here and there. So other than replacing the bumper covers and putting as spoiler on it(when I can afford one of the god forsaken things) the body will be left alone. Stiffer springs and 14" rims and tires. Engine wise I dont want to deal with the carb engine and the hassles that seem to accompany it so itll get swapped out to a FI B6. I want more power but nothing crazy.
          The interior is where it gets interesting. Because Crusher had his drivers side window smashed out and it sat outside like that for awhile and got pretty nasty. So its been completely gutted except for the dash and headliner which will remain unchanged. But Im having custom door kick and hatch panels made for it. Itll have power windows but not power locks. The reason for that are the switches Im using for the windows. They arent the switches that came with the PW kit I got. Ive been in the process of mounting power seats from a Taurus SHO in him. Since the interior was so thrashed I removed the rear seat and it wont be going back in. Instead the back area will be holding what will be part of the stereo system. Which will include JL Audio 10W7s and amp(s) to be determined run by either a Pioneer or Clarion DVD capable deck.

So they (Bella and Crusher) will be real contrasts to one another. Bella being essentially left completely stock with very few mods. And Crusher going out there a little ways in terms of mods.
          And they are both going to be what I wanted in terms of the perfect Festiva.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I dreaming about more space to store upgrades or more time to install them.

sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^^why you gotta show that fresh!?!gettin us all jealous!

-Scott
              Aqua 93 L
              Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
              White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Hey Funkybunk don't worry about the manual tranny...you'll stall it out about twenty or thirty times, then you'll get a feel for how not to stall them out. After that you begin to like manual, especially when you realize how much more control you have.

For me I just bought a new rear hatch at a junkyard with a defroster and wiper. I'm going to do the aspire brake swap and fix my parking brake. Anything else I do is cosmetic and will have to wait.
                89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
                  :evil4:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leapin View Post
                    I know! Don't you just hate it?
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                      I dreaming about more space to store upgrades or more time to install them.

Sell me those Swoopies and a full set of the plain mudflaps. Thatll clear a little space for you.
                      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                      - Unknown
                      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I need the darn car to upgrade! ....fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                          I know! Don't you just hate it?
                          Haters ! :p
                          sigpic

Comment

well what i wan't is a engine swap and a tranny swap to make it a 5spd can't take this auto crap... but looks are awesome but i like to care about performance first.. already doing the aspire swap... just got to get some kyb's struts and springs and a bpt and a 5 spd... oh and what i really want is just about everything fresh has got haha... no but i do really want a spoiler but it's way out of my price range....

Ford Festiva L
                            Automatic

Comment

Like Freshtiva, I've got some stuff waiting to go on. It's just on a lot smaller scale. Mine all fits on 2 little shelves right now. The one thing I'm really thinking about doing soon is a BP swap. And in the way far out unknown future maybe even a Festiva trailer with matching paint and wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X