No announcement yet.

Top Ten Fastest Festivas/Aspires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torque limiting cant give each individual tyre its own ammount of traction like an abs pump can by modulating brake pressure to each individual caliper. torque limiting is a compramise system, where all tyres get the ammount of traction that the tire with the lowest traction shows.

when you work with a abs pump, if one tyre is on ice and the other is on tarmac, the ice tyre will only get enough power to pull away without slipping, while the tarmac tyre gets as much power as it can use without slipping.

with torque limiting, both tyres only get as much power as the tyre on ice.. unless you have a lsd, but even then lsd's cant compete with the ultimate traction of a dedicated controller because an lsd is a compramise.

Comment

Wait! Wait! I have the answer!

Comment

Electronic throttle (fly-by-wire) is what my truck uses to limit wheel spin. It takes what it thinks I want to do and applies it as it can in the most reliable fashion. It eases the throttle to the traction edge, by keeping all four tires turning within a given range of offset speed from each other, like 2% or so.
        As for a fast Festiva, mine is alright, about 100mph+ on the dirt, BP engine pushing an Aspire tranny, LSD, in a fully caged and rally prepped shell.

-Jon R. Car# 306
        Jon Rood Car# 306

Comment

the fly-by-wire throttle is great if it's combined with something else. It wouldn't do you much good if one tire was on ice because it would just cut power all around. If used in conjunction with the abs so it brakes the wheel that spins then it is one of the best systems. Thats one of the tricks that cars like the STI and EVO use.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Working...
          X