62000 k on original oil!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62000 k on original oil!!!!

yup thats right I have never changed my oil in my ford focus.
    why???
    for what....

I have in the past spent hundreds on oil tires brakes and general parts for cars that I have traded in and it never added a cent!!!

so when I trade in my focus it will have worn brakes and old oil and bald tires .

I will post what I get in a day or two as I am trading it off and so is my cousin who has installed new tires brakes and has reciepts for regular oil changes.

when I traded off my explorer for my focus I spent $1600 on new tires to not get any of that value towards my focus.

just a side note I love my 93 festiva and I change its oil every 3000k and it has new brakes tires and just about every other bolt on replaceable part.

Well ya know brakes and tires ain't just for trade in value!

They kinda help the car do its job too. Keeping you safe?? :p

As for the oil, it would be interesting to compare it with one that had changes every 3-4K miles just to see how much difference it makes.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I would hate to be the next owner stuck with that car when the dealership resells it. Some working mother with three kids thinking she is getting a good deal, till the car motor starts to smoke, then die a few months-years after she gets it.

I don't blame you for not wanting to do any of that stuff, but I would just hate to be the next owner of that vehicle who would never know. Not like the dealer will tell her, about how black the oil was when they changed it :-P

Comment

Youll be kicking yourself when your engine seizes up, and your warranty wont cover it.
        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

@62k miles i think the warranty is up anyways
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

UUMMMMMM....hes trading it in....soon.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
              @62k miles i think the warranty is up anyways
              his profile says he's from canada so i'm assuming he means its 62k KMs so maybe 35k miles

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

that oil is gunna look like gear lube and probably take an hour to drain lol

Comment

^^If there is any left. I am quite surprised that engine isnt done already. The ford motor is shared with some of the mazdas and in the last few weeks we have replaced 5 of them due to neglect...they just cant take it like the older mazda motors...they NEED oil changes

-Scott
                  Aqua 93 L
                  Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                  White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

If the brakes and treads held out for 60K....I'm sure the engine never experienced much driver induced stress.
                    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

That seems like a very unsafe thing to do, and also a very unfair to the next owner. Are you going to delare this information when you do the trade in?
                      Thirdman
                      1992 White Festiva L - original owner
                      1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

well today my cousin informed me he was offered $12600 on trade for his focus that has 8000 more k on it than mine and new tires ect.
                        I was offered $12000 and told that I should change the oil more often and that minor body work (hood dent) was the result of not getting full trade in value.

I did however decide to put some cash into my car as I am keeping it for a road trip next week into the US.

new tires $600
                        new front brake pads rotors $140
                        Oil (15/40) and filter $28
                        new air filter $15

To address Thirdmans comment on safety I do run goodyear ice tires in winter and the brakes were working fine but needed to be replaced.

this is my highway car that is only driven a few days a month and I never see much rain so a bald tire will be ok in the summer IMO.

Comment

and why in the world would you put 15w-40 oil in an engine designed for 5w-20? That's just asking for trouble....
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Bassman is the reason I'm buying my next car new.
                            Last edited by Axlander9289; 07-15-2008, 07:03 AM.
                            Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                            Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                            White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                            White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                            Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                            Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                            Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                            White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

What this is reminding me of...for some reason, is a restaurant that i heard about; somewhere in the Northeast i think.
                              They have been using the same fry oil for the last 70 years. Not the same BRAND, but the exact same oil that was there 70 years ago! They've just cleaned it every day for the past 70 years!!
                              They say that's what gives the food that special taste....
                              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                              Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                              X