Are Auto Festiva's harder to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Auto Festiva's harder to find?

I'm looking for a Festiva to buy but I can't find any auto's for sale, I would get a manual but my parents won't let me So my question is: Are autos harder to find
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Yeah... I've only acually SEEN one in person.
    '92 Festiva: BP01

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Power View Post
      Yeah... I've only acually SEEN one in person.
      Dang!
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

Why wouldnt they let you get a manual? Any fool can drive an automatic. Just tell them that a manual shift can get 5 - 15 MPG better than an auto.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

i ownz one... well i have never seen a Manuel one guess autos are more common here in Indiana.. well the lower half..

Ford Festiva L
          Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
            Why wouldnt they let you get a manual? Any fool can drive an automatic. Just tell them that a manual shift can get 5 - 15 MPG better than an auto.
            I told them that but they still won't let me They want me to get a auto so THEY can drive it if the have to, my mom's never drove a manual, and my dad doesn't like them

Comment

Well I dont think its harder to find because half the Festivas I seen has been auto. And I understand where you are comming from. I bought my Festiva without even knowing how to drive stick. Now I cant stand autos.

Comment

Bummer. My wife is the same way. She can't drive a stick and doesnt want to learn. Ive seen a couple Automatics and my 93 is an auto. But the 88 is a 5 speed. Unforunately if theyre getting it for you. Youre kinda stuck with what they want to get. Just be thankful that theyll get you a Festiva.
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboi View Post
                  Well I dont think its harder to find because half the Festivas I seen has been auto. And I understand where you are comming from. I bought my Festiva without even knowing how to drive stick. Now I cant stand autos.
                  Yeah, but all the ones i've seen around town have all been manuals.

Comment

It's 50/50 here, but I've only seen 6 of them
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

i might have seen some auto in th jy, but no others that i've just seen around. the one i just picked up for my wife is an auto, but she can drive stick. its the only one of the 5 or so that i've had thats an auto.

not to jack your thread, but are autos really sluggish? i've never driven one, until the last couple of weeks and its really slow, passing gear gets it done, but it seems to take for ever to get up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                        Bummer. My wife is the same way. She can't drive a stick and doesnt want to learn. Ive seen a couple Automatics and my 93 is an auto. But the 88 is a 5 speed. Unforunately if theyre getting it for you. Youre kinda stuck with what they want to get. Just be thankful that theyll get you a Festiva.
                        Yeah they'll pay for half of it So I should be thankful for that

Comment

Originally posted by cubstiva1 View Post

not to jack your thread, but are autos really sluggish? i've never driven one, until the last couple of weeks and its really slow, passing gear gets it done, but it seems to take for ever to get up to speed.
                          i have an auto with p/s and ac it was peppy but not fast, until i swapped a b6 it will keep up with alot of cars i dont see anything wrong with and auto. the one manual festiva i had was 0-60 in about a minute i dont even see how it was street legal goodluck finding and auto.
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                          Paulbarrera12.com
                          Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Two of my cars are auto trannys. I found the auto car to be peppy for what it is. It may have been due to the fact the Festiva was sold as a cheap car and auto tranny's were an option that cost more.
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

Around here all of the ones I've seen driving around were manuals and the ones I see in the JY were all autos. Hmm....
                              ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

Working...
                              X