Are Auto Festiva's harder to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottxd45 View Post
    Around here all of the ones I've seen driving around were manuals and the ones I see in the JY were all autos. Hmm....
    Same. most of the autos ive seen are either in the Junk yard or in Brians driveway.

but i do have one 1! with a/c! its the luxry one.

Comment

It seems like most GL's are automatic. I'd say about 25% of Festivas I see are. When I lived in Illinois there was a guy who worked at the Ford dealer with an '89 automatic that had 260k miles on the clock. He drove it to work every day. I've never heard any major complaints with automatic Festiva transmissions. I would think that they would be fairly straightforward to rebuild, all hydraulic control, a single Simpson gearset. I've never driven one, but from what I hear they sound like the performance is still decent, but highway driving is no fun with no overdrive gear, something I know all to well, owning a 4 speed manual car.

I'm in the same boat as Monsoon. I want to find a Festiva for my girlfriend, but she refuses to learn how to drive stick, so I'm casually keeping my eyes peeled for a decent automatic Festiva as well.

In short, automatic Festivas are harder to find than manuals, but still entirely possible to find. At last count I think Freshtiva had 3 automatics?
      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Ugh, people who refuse to learn manual have no idea what they're missing, and girls who refuse to learn manual are even sillier. Way to tackle the stereotypes, girls!

Back when I didn't want to learn, it was because I didn't want to drive a car at all, not because I wanted to live up to the stereotype of a girl who can't handle a clutch. I doubt I would have qualified anyway, since I was motorcycle-only at the time, year round, all seasons in WA State... not very stereotypically girly there. But I feel I have the proper cred with which to roll my eyes at folks' respective girlfriends/wives/mothers who refuse to learn a car more complicated than two pedals and a stick that says which direction you want to go in.

Still, there's no changing some folks. At least they want festivas, that's a start! :thumbup:

The Little Jack - 1993 L 5-Speed Manual

Comment

look ma shifting with no hands

I happen to know where there is a auto tranny for sale
          A Horse, A Horse my kingdom for a Horse. (well maybe just a rust free festy will do)

94 Aspire (waiting for a face lift thanks to a deer)
          88 festiva (16 year olds ride)
          93 festiva (my ride)
          94 jeep yj (waiting for heart transplant)
          94 cadillac sedan deville (the wife's ride)

Comment

Close to St. Louis? Two auto Festivas for sale

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
              Close to St. Louis? Two auto Festivas for sale
              http://stlouis.craigslist.org/car/760423392.html
              Yeah I saw those and this one http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/car/755244055.html but thats not too close to me I'm in Marceline.
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

only 1 of the 7 i own are auto.
                It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

When I was looking for mine all I could find were nice minty autos.. Then when I found that pile of a 5spd I bought it. I never touched the autos because I thought I wouldn't be able to do a trans swap... In the end I had to replace my trans anyways. Now that i got mine I see about 50-50 auto/man.

Seriously tho, Push the MT on them... You will be disappointed with the auto.
                  89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                  RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                    When I was looking for mine all I could find were nice minty autos.. Then when I found that pile of a 5spd I bought it. I never touched the autos because I thought I wouldn't be able to do a trans swap... In the end I had to replace my trans anyways. Now that i got mine I see about 50-50 auto/man.

Seriously tho, Push the MT on them... You will be disappointed with the auto.
                    I tryed to convince them into letting me get a manual, but they won't let me
                    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

you can always do a trans swap later on after you get a couple more festiva's
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Clutches are cheaper than transmissions. After a long history of bad transmissions in my extended family. 3 Fords 2 Dodges and one Chevy. I switched for good. My current daily driver is a F150 5 speed. My wife drives an 05 Accord 5 speed. My son drives an 08 Civic 5 speed after totaling his 07 Civic 5 Speed. Now I'm trying to reduce my carbon footprint by turning my 88 Festy 5 speed into my new lol daily driver.
                        88 Festiva 5 speed
                        89 Automatic L with 1 1/4 hitch
                        93 parts car(not much left)
                        89 free parts car 5 speed
                        03 F150 6 cyl 5 speed
                        05 Accord 4 cyl 5 speed

"When you've got kids, That's all you've got."

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                          You will be disappointed with the auto.
                          im not, my auto smoked my 5-speed
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                          Paulbarrera12.com
                          Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Originally posted by xanthinic12 View Post
                            im not, my auto smoked my 5-speed
                            Then something is wrong with your 5spd. My 1.3 with less than 100psi on all 4 cyls behind a 5spd was peppier than a good running auto festiva.
                            89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                            RIP 90LX

Comment

I say have them buy an auto when one comes available.....when they are gone on vacation and leave you at home call me and well source a M/T and swap it in!!!
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                              ---------------------------------------------------
                              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                                I say have them buy an auto when one comes available.....when they are gone on vacation and leave you at home call me and well source a M/T and swap it in!!!
                                haha lol:p

Comment

Working...
                                X