No announcement yet.

Opinions/advice needed on festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, well she isn't calling the shots, she just wants me to get something that i won't have problems with or have to fix.....like a newer honda or something along those lines. When I called the owner of the festiva he said the body and interior were in perfect shape, so i'm giving it some serious thought. I'm gonna try to check it out on tuesday with a mechanic friend of mine. How much do you guys think i would have to spend on an engine/tranny and associated parts for a b6 swap? I wouldn't mind having a little more power anyway!
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^^Amen brotherman^^
      Im very fortunate to have a wife that doesnt mind that I get these cars. Or the parts needed to fix them.
      If the girlfreind is calling the shots now. You might as well cut off your kibbles and bits and hand them over to her now. Itll make it easier than if you wait and do it after youre married to her.
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Ah, she's a good girl...she just doesn't want me to have car problems. I've been telling her the same thing about her car, and she has plenty of money to get something more reliable! She just doesn't want car payments, and with the way the economy is I don't blame her. I wish she could just open her eyes and see the light that is the "festiva"!
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Couple of things...

Rings break (aka Broke Oil Ring) and pistons Crack. Don't assume $50.00 worth of rings will fix it. Many times when rings break they trash the cylinder walls (and sometimes the piston). I'd bet that it's just worn out and needs a rebuild. You should be able to find an Aspire engine in your area for $150 to $300. Check Pull-A-Part in Charlotte, if they have an engine I think $150 or less. (pullapart dot com) I forget if this forum allows links or not just put a "." where "Dot" is.

I know Joe is going to chime in here and try kick me in the... again. How-bout it Joe? (I might have some news on my oil in water dilemma that I'll post on the "head" threads.)

Capt. Mike

Comment

I don't know about where you live, but here in the land of road salt, that car is worth every penny of $500.00 even with a busted motor. I'd buy it and swap engines.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
              I can only imagine what my girlfriend will say if i buy a busted festiva.....she doesn't even want me to buy a running one!
              Remember its easier to get forgivenss then permisiion!
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

^^^ One of my many mottos!!!!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                  Haha, well she isn't calling the shots, she just wants me to get something that i won't have problems with or have to fix.....like a newer honda or something along those lines. When I called the owner of the festiva he said the body and interior were in perfect shape, so i'm giving it some serious thought. I'm gonna try to check it out on tuesday with a mechanic friend of mine. How much do you guys think i would have to spend on an engine/tranny and associated parts for a b6 swap? I wouldn't mind having a little more power anyway!
                  Late model Honda's may be economical and reliable, but they are soulless, unlike a Festiva, which is like part car, part pet.
                  Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                  Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                  White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                  White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                  Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                  Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                  Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                  White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                  X