Cheap spoiler: keep or flip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thirdman View Post
    Keeping it or flipping it, I do intend to make a 2-part mold of it... it'll only cost a few dollars to do so.

I don't know if I would be comfortable selling them, but I would be MORE than happy to do a detailed write-up on how to build your own for $50ish from home depot parts. Aluminum frame, a-b foam body, melted (via acetone) pvc shell and paint...

Which ever way you go keep me posted :-) I would love to have one for mine but when I have money can't find one...when I don't have money they are everywhere :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Amos View Post
      Lol... I'm having the same dilemma.

I approached the owner of a beat up festy that had a spoiler... and offered her 60 bucks for it... She accepted and I took the spoiler and drove off before she had time to change her mind!
      NICE STORY !! That sounds like one of my scores.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

If you wanted a spoiler, I would keep it if I were you. Like you said, it is functional and you got it at a great price. You can always get wheels and stuff and will probably find a great deal on them sooner or later.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
        88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
        88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
        06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Thirdman, can you tell us more or point to a link about..."a-b foam body, melted (via acetone) pvc shell ?"

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thirdman View Post
            ...but I would be MORE than happy to do a detailed write-up on how to build your own for $50ish from home depot parts. Aluminum frame, a-b foam body, melted (via acetone) pvc shell and paint...
            Originally posted by CharlieZ View Post
            Thirdman, can you tell us more or point to a link about..."a-b foam body, melted (via acetone) pvc shell ?"

Thanks
            I'd like to know more about this too. I have some ideas...
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

thirdman, did you get that spoiler from Eds in canada, i called on it and he told me that he had already shipped it to TX. it broke my heart when i asked the price he sold it for. i work in a fiberglass shop and could make molds easily, i'd like to find one to start reproducing

derick

Comment

Damn cubby! I wish I had one Id donate it to the cause!
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by cubstiva1 View Post
                  thirdman, did you get that spoiler from Eds in canada, i called on it and he told me that he had already shipped it to TX. it broke my heart when i asked the price he sold it for. i work in a fiberglass shop and could make molds easily, i'd like to find one to start reproducing

derick
                  You weren't the only one... there was another person in TX interested in it too, but he couldn't get the shipping worked out. Funny that they probably have had that spoiler in the lot for ages, and 3+ people call about it in the same week!
                  Thirdman
                  1992 White Festiva L - original owner
                  1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

Working...
                  X