MPG Record ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 mpg but it isn't a Festiva

Someone sent this link to me. Didn't know where else to share it.
    Looks a bit like a Fisher Price rendering of a Festive might look. LOL!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I got around 55mpg on the last fill up, 447 miles w/8gal. But I always keep it below 50mph and hardly use my brakes on my routes.

Comment

I tried real hard one tank and got a 67mpg, but there is one guy out there that I know beat me.

Comment

I can get my aspire up to 50mpg with only 50% highway. This is a car weighing more and geared more aggressively.I travel under 65 for sure, usually 60mph. When I can draft a vegasbound bus I do take advantage of that, because tailgaiting at 75mph uses the same fuel than solo at 60. I would take a peak at ecomodder.com and check out how they take political signs and attach them to the front and bottom of the car for 5-10% increase on the highway. I think it helped a lot, but when I first bought it, I was changing many things at the same time. I would get a cheap vacuum gauge. It will show you the least throttle to keep the same mph. You'll be surprised that at approx -10 and -15 on level ground you are at the same speed but sipping the gas.
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

37-39 flat city carb'd

My Anchorage summer beater (never tuned up) 88 4-speed consistently gets 37-39mpg around town, while my Seattle pristine 88LX 5-speed with overhauled carb and regular tuneups only gets 32.

The only thing really different is that Seattle has hills while Anchorage is flat. Could that be costing me 5-7mpg?
            88L black, dailydriver
            88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
            4 88/89 disassembled
            91L green
            91GL aqua pwrsteer
            92GL red a/c reardmg
            3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
            1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Just averaged 52.9 mpg on a trip back from lake michigan. My best before that was 49.1.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
                My Anchorage summer beater (never tuned up) 88 4-speed consistently gets 37-39mpg around town, while my Seattle pristine 88LX 5-speed with overhauled carb and regular tuneups only gets 32.

The only thing really different is that Seattle has hills while Anchorage is flat. Could that be costing me 5-7mpg?
                Yes, the hills can cost you bigtime in MPG. There are ways to help save MPG on hills if you're careful. But the Seattle traffic must be killing your MPG too. If its been more than 80,000 miles since a timing belt, change that. It made a tremendous difference for my Festiva. Change the sparkplug wires too if its been a long time.

Comment

I took my backseat out when I loaded the car for a camping trip last weekend... now the cars empty and I still have the seat out. The car actually feels faster without the seat back there, I wonder if its just me or if that slight of a loss of weight in the car makes a real difference, and if that will translate to an mpg increase.

Maybe I should take out my spare tire too?
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

back seats & no tires.....

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    I took my backseat out when I loaded the car for a camping trip last weekend... I wonder.... if that slight of a loss of weight in the car makes a real difference, and if that will translate to an mpg increase.
                    Maybe I should take out my spare tire too?
                    I took my rear seat out..... & never put it back in!

If you don't want a spare tire, buy one of the new cars that don't come with a spare tire. The new car dealer never told one fella he had no spare, his tire went flat out on the road, he looked for his spare in the trunk & only found the can of inflator....... which wouldn't fix his sliced tire.........

Comment

On my first Ohiostiva trip I managed to eek out 47 mpgs from my worn out b3 on the highway. I was typically sub 30 due to poor compression. After the b6 swap my best has been 44.5 on the trip to the beach after FM5. We hooked up behind a jeep and caught a nice draft running 80-90 MPH for that leg. Typically I get about 38 from the b6. I'd do better, but I like having fun.

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk
                      91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                      92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                      95 Grand Prix SE DD
                      Wife's Stuff:
                      89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                      97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                      Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

Originally posted by litesong View Post
                        if you don't want a spare tire, buy one of the new cars that don't come with a spare tire. The new car dealer never told one fella he had no spare, his tire went flat out on the road, he looked for his spare in the trunk & only found the can of inflator....... which wouldn't fix his sliced tire.........
                        Happened to me. We have a spare, jack, and lug wrench now. When did people become unable to change a flat ?

sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                        X