Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is everyon selling there festiva projects???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is everyon selling there festiva projects???

lately it seems like everyone who has built festiva is selling it. celicagt's old bpt car is up for sale the dyno monster as i call it. chris rummel the father of turbo festivas is selling his, gforced selling pimptiva, and theres another b6t festiva on ebay. i understand things happen im not putting anyone down, it just sucks i heard that festivagtr's car got parted out and that car was going to killer, but the new owner didnt want the car so he just took the motor, freds car atleast went to a good home and damkid is putting it back to glory. i would hate to sell my project to someone who wouldnt love it as much as me. i hope some of these festivas find good homes if i won the lottery i would open up a museum and put them all in good homes. to bad i dont play the lottery. sorry for my rant
    Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 07-31-2008, 06:56 PM.

^^ I was wondering the same thing.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Like I said if I sell the yellow one before the orange one I will probably keep it, if I sell the orange one I will probably end up keeping the yellow one and building it. I just have too many things going on

Comment

I think its the ebb and flow of the festiva world....people will buy these ones and finish them up and then and new set of people will start new projects and not finish etc. Some of the current sweet rides were not always started by the owners. But fear not the Festivas will live on!!!

-Scott
        Aqua 93 L
        Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
        White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Some of the new buyers will end up here. Like me.

Comment

it does seem like a lot of project cars are being sold right now, but look on the other side, think of the current projects, Nova's Shogun, Urtoast has his Shogun as well, ketchup's RWD BP, i know 25Horseplay is about to start his B6T swap, my B6T swap, festivaGO's 4Gfestiva

it's like leapin said, people selling half projects for others to finish, while new people start new projects

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I'm not selling. I still have parts and plans for a bp swap. And plans for an electric conversion. I'm not giving up.... period.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Ive been thinking about selling out. SUVs are getting cheaper every day. I might have to get one. I always wanted to fit in with the crowd.
                sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I am going to keep all of mine, although if the spoilers keep going up, i may sell it off the red festiva i have.
                  1960 willys pickup
                  1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
                  1989 festiva
                  1990 festiva for parts
                  1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

projects

I really hope that whoever ends up with mine, keeps it together and enjoys it.

That is the main reason that I would like the car to go intact, since it is so close to compleation, and I really want all the work already done to be appreciated.

The money for the parts is not as important as this which is another reason why I want it to go intact. Mainly, I've just reached a point in my life, where it would be better to have a car with a rear seat as a second car or space and cash instead of a project that is not progressing. I really just have to much else going on to spend the time required to finish the body work and since I don't do bodywork myself I don't want to spend the money for a proper job to get it done either. Believe me, I pondered and hesitated quite a bit before I decided to let the car go. To be honest, since the car has been mechanically ready to to for perhaps 5 years now, if I had of already finished it and been able to enjoy it for a few years compleated, I would likely still be looking to part with it around now anyway.
                    It is with quite a bit of regret that I'm getting away from festivas, but i will still continue to follow this board and give input where needed in the future.
                    Chris Rummel

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                      Ive been thinking about selling out. SUVs are getting cheaper every day. I might have to get one. I always wanted to fit in with the crowd.
                      If only that were true. I'd be at your door tomorrow with a Festiva full of cash ready to buy up your whole fleet!
                      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

i bought mine new in '92 my car has gone from the joke to..........i cannot belive you still have that car,.....soon to be i'm sure,.....you could have bought a new car for the time and money you have into that thing...........

you will never see a " For Sale " sign in my car,...i will let it return to the earth in my back yard, befor i sell the car i started so many new adventures in..........
                        you want to blend in?, drive a honda
                        92l festy car, original owner.
                        2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
                        1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Originally posted by Axlander9289 View Post
                          If only that were true. I'd be at your door tomorrow with a Festiva full of cash ready to buy up your whole fleet!
                          You're going to need a big trailer !
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

hey,

chris,

it is nice of you too stick around to see if we need help.

Comment

I can't speak for any festiva owner. But if you look around, alot of hobbies are for sale. Hobbies that consume $4 a gallon gas seem to be mostly for sale. Most of that money is going back into the gas tank.

David

Comment

Working...
                              X