Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is everyon selling there festiva projects???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see these cars going away anytime real soon with fuel prices as they are and such. That said, we have to expect the numbers of Festivas to shrink as time goes by. I am HEAVILY invested in them for the long run, but those who see a change in circumstance and interest will always remember them. Just remember the cars you have sold you wish you hadn't.......
    2 66 Impalas, 67 Impala, 71 Nova, 71 Camaro, 65 Buick, 56 F100,57 Ford Ranch Wagon,
    73 Chrysler 2DrHT, etc etc......
    I plan to keep most of mine for my 37 mile commute each day over hill and dale each way. Never know when something could happen to a shell.... Just ask Simon about the first two Pimptivas.
    Thanks to those who have gone before, and pushed the limits as to where one of these great little cars can go.

I mean that!

Michael
    Have owned 9 so far
    White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
    Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
    Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
    Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
    Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

I don't plan on selling any of my cars, Festiva or others. I just plan on accumulating more cars
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

well i thought about it long and hard and iam not selling. hell i was in high school and i had a festiva. i saw celicagts turbo festiva on youtube and was like i want on like that. hell then i stumbel on it and got it. so the little monster is not going anywhere. so iam still going to be in the the festy world. i just really like the festiva because its diffrent the everyone else.

Comment

Hey a 3 year old thread resurrection, Congratulations :thumbright:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Its happening everywhere. People in the aspire crowd are trading up. Which is silly considering the price of gas these days....

But y'know, who wants to save money? :S
            Raising the bar for compact cars around the world.
            .:: 1997 Aspire ::. The Glowspire. Revived project
            .:: 1998 Aspire ::. The Glowspire red bean. Current Project

My Ford Aspire DIY Wing Conversion
            Glow_Mouse's 97' Glowspire
            Glow_Mouse's 98' Glowspire
            Ford Aspire Forum Here!
            Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 1!
            Order FordAspire.com Decals Range 2!

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
              Ive been thinking about selling out. SUVs are getting cheaper every day. I might have to get one. I always wanted to fit in with the crowd.
              Sarcasm alert!
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I hear Marcus is also thinking about moving into a big city condo where he is a lot closer to the metro scene and major politics. Nothing beats a view of other high rises each morning, eh? Just before you take the elevator downstairs to the parking garage to get into your Excitation Magnum SFH (Special Fuel Hogger) Edition SUV to drive the three-quarter mile to your desk job at the top of another beautiful building!

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                  I hear Marcus is also thinking about moving into a big city condo where he is a lot closer to the metro scene and major politics. Nothing beats a view of other high rises each morning, eh? Just before you take the elevator downstairs to the parking garage to get into your Excitation Magnum SFH (Special Fuel Hogger) Edition SUV to drive the three-quarter mile to your desk job at the top of another beautiful building!

Karl
                  I was there once. I use to work in a high rise investment bank right smack in the middle of downtown KC. Use to think the big city life was "it". Youd couldnt drag me back. Id never give up living in the country now, this is "it". Sitting behind a desk and computer screen in a cubical 10 hours a day will ruin your life if the commute doesnt.
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Glad you didn't actually sell all your Festivas to buy an SUV! Such an influx of so many clean Festys would have flooded the market and driven the resale values down for the rest of us, causing the "Festiva Bubble" created by high gas prices to burst...probably never to recover! Kinda like George Soros selling off all his tons of gold, LOL. The US Festiva economy appreciates your restraint.
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I had my fun with the Festiva but a car I would love to own came up so I had to buy it!
                      BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

I still don't understand all this angst over people selling Festivas.

I would think that selling a Festiva, and thus widening the "gene pool" of owners and enthusiasts, could only help the hobby?

What's the alternative plan? Just a few dozen people owning 50 Festivas each and hoarding them under covers in the back yard and under the equipment shed?

Inbreeding destroyed the Hapsburg dynasty ending with Carlos II and the War of the Spanish Succession. Let's not let it happen to the world of Festivas!!

Ride 'em, don't hide 'em!

Lannis

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                          Kinda like George Soros selling off all his tons of gold, LOL. The US Festiva economy appreciates your restraint.
                          Somehow I dont think the repercussions would be that severe. I bet the Festiva community could absorb them easily w/o a ripple effect.
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

For me it was the black hole in my wallet effect. It gets old after a while but once it's completed the only money going in is the gas tank.

Also all the pain and suffering that goes along with having to build stuff your self and most of the time you don't get it right the first time. I would love to be able to buy off the shelf parts like the mustang guys but where is the originality in that?

Another factor keeping me in the festiva game is that it gets you ALOT more respect from car people then most cars.
                            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                            14 C7 Z51

Comment

I have a 16 MPG SUV and a 13 MPG hotrod... hence the purchase of a Festiva... but couldn't resist "upgrading" the horsepower a bit!!!
                              1967 GTA 351 Roller GT40
                              1988 Festiva LX B5 Turbo, MegaSquirt, Aspire Swap
                              2008 Sport Trac Adrenalin
                              2013 Escape 2.0 EcoBoost

Governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established.

--JEFFERSON DAVIS

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                                I would love to be able to buy off the shelf parts like the mustang guys but where is the originality in that?
                                There is some truth in this statement. I bought my GT because of the ability to just bolt on some parts and run in the 13's. Now I'm actually getting bored with it and considering selling it. To get any more out of it will require big bucks, and since it's in like new condition, there's really nothing to fix or improve. I'm getting way more enjoyment out of rebuilding a B6 for the Festy in hopes of breaking the 95hp mark.....all for less than 2 monthly payments for the Stang. Something tells me when I'm done, the Festy will be more fun to drive as well.

I guess it's the journey and not the destination that is the most enjoyable.
                                Last edited by blkfordsedan; 11-29-2011, 09:44 AM.
                                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                                X