No announcement yet.

Looking at a festy in my area...advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generalizing: Bubbles in the coolant = head or head gasket. Coolant in the oil = block or head gasket. Either way take it home.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I'm getting so amped about this one now!!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

So I finally talked to the guy today....seems like a really nice guy. He's firm on the price because he isn't in a hurry to get rid of it. He sent me a few more pics because it has a little bit of rust by the rear wheel wells. I also talked to another guy that has a similar festy for sale for the same price. Now i'm torn between the two! This other one is a 93 GL(i think) with a/c, around 100k miles, has a cracked windshield, busted headlight and a few dents. The only major problem is the guy says it needs a new ignition coil. I'm thinking I'll go for this one since i won't have to deal with rust and he says it'll run perfect with the new ignition coil. Anyway, here are the pics of the rust on the 90 L plus. I'll post pics of the other one when i get them tomorrow.
        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

We want an update and location of whatever one you didn't buy!
          Pics of other one would be nice too!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I never got pics of the other one, but i did go look at it. Wasn't in quite the condition the guy described...It looked like a rabid tasmanian devil was set loose in the interior. The exterior wasn't much to look at either. Also, it wasn't a gl, and it didn't have a/c like he said. It needs a good bit of work so I'm gonna pass on that one. I'm definitely going for the white L plus though. He said I should be able to drive it home without it overheating, so I won't have to tow it. I plan on getting it this weekend. I'm just gonna park it in my mom's garage and begin my search for a bp to swap into it. More to come!

Comment

Working...
            X