No announcement yet.

26 mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50+ in a auto, that seems impossible especially traveling in the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
      50+ in a auto, that seems impossible especially traveling in the mountains.
      Sorry, my Festiva is a manual tranny. I just mentioned the necessity of sparkplug & timing belt changes & the tremendous help they made to my Festiva.

Comment

yeah but i'm sure the reason mine isn't doing so well is cause i have oil leaking into my intake and i have a heavy right foot...

Ford Festiva L
        Automatic

Comment

Yikes! What's the point of driving a Festiva @ that MPG? I pull 25MPG with my 1983 Toyota 4x4 truck with a 22R Carbed motor. Unless theres some good reason (like you only have one-leg, or one arm...or you're female) 5-speed is the only way to go.
          Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by festyxfi View Post
            YikesUnless theres some good reason (like you only have one-leg, or one arm...or you're female) 5-speed is the only way to go.
            Man, I can imagine the beating your going to take from the handicapped?:blackeye:
            Last edited by Pu241; 09-19-2008, 09:08 AM.
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Does a new timing belt really help mpg that much? I dont see how, if the old one is keeping the timing correct there shouldnt be any loss, right?

I lost the timing belt on my tbird once, no fun. The ONLY time I was left stranded in that car. I should have had it changed long before that. Timing belt is one item you NEED to change on a regular basis.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                Timing belt is one item you NEED to change on a regular basis.
                I know I regularly drive 60,000 miles;-) For many the timing belt is "out of sight out of mind". Since it's under that nice little plastic cover, many don't think about it until they are having issues and that's when they end up on the side of the road.
                90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
                92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
                94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
                94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

well if i was able to swap mine from auto i would but i don't have the skillz to do that yet i'm still learning...

Ford Festiva L
                  Automatic

Comment

MPG & timing?

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    Does a new timing belt really help mpg that much? I dont see how, if the old one is keeping the timing correct there shouldnt be any loss, right?
                    I only know what happened to my Festiva when I changed my timing belt. The squeaking went away, & my MPG rose dramatically as I have said in my past post. Changing my sparkplug wires got my Festiva back to running & changing my timing belt raised my MPG.

I was wondering if the wear on an older timing belt could delay or prematurely start valve openings? Anyhow, 50MPG tanks are here again & I have fallen in love with my Festiva all over again.

Comment

belive it or not. im only getting 25 in the capri xr2. and thats mostly highway.

just changed plugs and running some STP through the injectors. well see how it does.

Comment

An auto should get 35mpg. Try a tune up, fuel injector cleaner and a new O2 sensor.

Betcha mpg goes up.

David

Comment

Working...
                        X