Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam?

what to do and what not to
    it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

A Search netted this.
    Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Heres a couple videos that Packrat427 made. Good stuff.
      How to , where to put it in at.
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Driving to clear it out afterwards.
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Again a simple search and just a little reading netted these results.:thumbleft:

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

thanks!
        it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

No problem. Kinda wanted to read up on it myself.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

My 2 cents: Sea Foam does alot. It will break up carbon when sucked in a vacuum line. Don't put it the oil, I collapsed a lifter in my 300 cid Ford, tryin' it.
            '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

I've put it my oil before without issue. Not very hard to repump the lifter or replace if that happens....but I doubt it was the seafoam that did it. Just a coincidence that it happened at that time.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Oh yeah, don't suck it in the vac line if you have a cat converter. It will send the carbon deposits downstream. I did this to my F150, and stunk up the entire trailer park.
                '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
                  Oh yeah, don't suck it in the vac line if you have a cat converter. It will send the carbon deposits downstream. I did this to my F150, and stunk up the entire trailer park.
                  Everyone on here has a catalytic converter and used it without issue. If you don't know the specifics on the product BigEl, you shouldn't direct them how to use it.

You can use it on Cars, trucks, snowblowers, lawnmowers, inboards, outboards, motorcycles, snowmobiles, tractors and chainsaws.
                  ALL modern cars have catalytic converters. If you were supposed to avoid using in in vehicles with cats, it would advise you ON the can.

You CAN use it in:
                  Your Crankcase in the oil
                  The gas tank
                  The injection/carburation system via vacuum hoses
                  90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
                  92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
                  94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
                  94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

has anybody used Motorvac? i used it at school on my town car.
                    it really smoothed out my idle and i gained 19 horsepower. (i did a before and after on the schools dyno) the only problem is that is done with a machine so you would have to find a shop that has it.

Comment

The main advantage Sea Foam has over a 'motorvac' job is cost. A local mechanic wanted $180.00 to perform a motorvac. There's hardly any labor involved in hooking up. I guess they have to recoup the cost of the machine.

I just remembered that my collapsed lifter came from using a quart of kerosene in the oil, not from Sea Foam. I used Sea Foam in the gas tank and in the vac line. This was 10 years ago. I remember the huge cloud of smoke, and thinking it was good thing that I had removed the cat converter.

I may just try Sea Foam on Festus, now that I realize its 'cat safe'.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

BigElCat, I see your back at dispensing advise without knowledge there of!
                        My patience is not what it once was with you, do not post "opinion" as fact.

Wrestler3025, thanks for setting things straight!

Just in case there is confusion check this out:

'93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I have a question. Would you use this as an oil additive or put it in and run for a short time just before you changed your oil?

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Monsoon,
                            Good question and the best I can find for you is this:

Makes a certain amount of sense!
                            But, this isn't the offical Seafoam site.
                            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                            '92 Aqua parts Car
                            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                            Your holy ghost will not save you.
                            Your God plutonium will not save you.
                            In fact...
                            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Great info! Thank you very much Pu241! :thumbleft:

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                              X