No announcement yet.

Project Festiva SHOGUN dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ I could go to the local trophy shop and have them make me a plaque that looks just like that

Comment

[quote="NovaSS"]I think they had every intention of this car being built or why would they have made this?

Call me a purist I guess, but the cars that made the history at the time when this actually took place are all that matter, be it a Cobra or a Shogun.

7 completed ( re: running ) Shoguns were built by Special Editions. Only the yellow prototype and the #005 were produced used a salvage Festiva. Bryne's #005 was the last one completely built. Everything I've read suggests the yellow prototype was not numbered, which doesn't discount Rader's statements he has the #007 car.

Granted in this case the completion is performed by some one else using their own festiva but it seems there was noting special about the festivas that they used.
      Nothing special at all about the donor cars. It was who did the actual work and the end result.

Rader doesn't stretch the truth too far. Only supportive information I have was an email from Brett McDonald back from 2001, who stated his car was intended to be #007. McDonald bought the unfinished # 007 car from Beck, which kind of suggests how Rader got hold of the car at a later date.

Car collector Bill Smith ( Speedway Motors ) bought the tooling for the body panels.

You could take Carrol Shelby as precedent, he came up with some 1966 VIN number for Cobras that were never built and had NEW 1966 cobras made by outside sources. These are registered as 1966 cars but they were not completed until the late 90s. Are these original Cobras? Some claim yes, some claim no.
      Well, doesn't matter, real 60's era Cobras have value unmatched by " replicas " or " retro-engineered " clones.

If owner of #007 wishes to rewrite history after the fact, suggest : " 8 Shoguns have been built, but one isn't done by Special Editions !

Odd.
      Rich Norman
      5 Festivas:
      1992 L - Daily Driver
      1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
      1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
      1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
      1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

Working...
      X