LX question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX question?

were there 89 LXs that were EFI? i'm looking at one to buy, wanted to make sure his facts were straight

All the automatics were EFI in 1989. I don't know about '89 5 speeds. Maybe the LXs were EFI?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

no LX was factory EFI unless it happened in 90, I know all 91-93 L and GL manual and automatic were EFI, 90 was aan oddball year, the 91-93 grille and taillamps, but had 88-89 trim in and out, but had automatic seatbelts. I am not sure if I am right, but that is to the best of my knowledge!

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
        no LX was factory EFI unless it happened in 90, I know all 91-93 L and GL manual and automatic were EFI, 90 was aan oddball year, the 91-93 grille and taillamps, but had 88-89 trim in and out, but had automatic seatbelts. I am not sure if I am right, but that is to the best of my knowledge!
        hhmmm I know where a LX is that is a 89 and EFI, it has the manual belts too which were only on the 88-89 Festivas
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

probably a conversion from auto to manual transmission or engine transplant then. I think the conversion has fuel pump aspects as well. May need to look in a different forum for mechanical stuff, I have seen people who have done conversions on here. It was not factory to have EFI in 89, even in California. I could be wrong...not mechanically inclined here, but I have car magazines from 88-93 on the Festiva and know for sure it was not factory in 89 to have EFI UNLESS it was an automatic tranny. Is teh car automatic tranny? If so, it WAS factory.

Comment

This might be a stretch but if it has the original hood, wouldn't the vacuum plumbing and other engine related decals stuck on the inside, give a clue?

Comment

Good idea Charlie! Is the 90 Fuel injected out of curiosity? Am I right on my impression of the 90 being an oddball year? Didn't the 90 get the new grille and taillights but still had the blackout trim around the side windows and bodyside moldings and interiors and equipment and model designation of the 889-89 with the automatic seatbelts the only interior change? Is the 90 the least popular or is a 90 LX with fuel injection and all the goodies of the LX the GL lost in 91 the MOST COVETED Festiva of all?

Comment

90 LX auto is efi and has manual belts.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Was just looking at the Consumer Guide info I posted and it said the 90 models got the automatic seatbelts, FUEL INJECTION for all and the L model even got the FIVE speed in 90. Does not say if the automatic tranny was available on base models or high end models that I noticed. It does mention POWER STEERING being dropped after 91...but not when it was offered. I bet that is a rare find! Was power steering only with automatic tranny? Seems the decontented equipment from LX to GL was not noted in CG information. But my 93 GL was no way as nicely equipped as my 88 LX.

Comment

Yeah I thought 89 was the crossover year.
                    Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Sorry guys But 89 autos where FI. I got one from the oringial ower.

David

Comment

Yeah, I know about that, I meant with manual, sorry! Boy, this is so confusing! And now there is the question of the 90 L Plus getting a five speed and fuel injection instead of four speed and fuel injection....and a tach?

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
                          Yeah, I know about that, I meant with manual, sorry! Boy, this is so confusing! And now there is the question of the 90 L Plus getting a five speed and fuel injection instead of four speed and fuel injection....and a tach?
                          I'm pretty sure that the 90-93 manual festivas are all 5 speeds, and the 88-89 ones were the only ones to have 4 speeds from the factory.
                          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

My 88 LX has a 5 Speed

Comment

88 and 89 L were 4spd. LX was 5spd.
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X