Originally posted by carbonvmax View Post
    88-89 manaul trans LX's had tachs.
    My 89 LX auto trans has a tach also.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

Cool Brian, how many rpm's at 60? White faced tach? Never saw one of those...I think my 88 LX had yellow on black...or was it orange on black?

Comment

i think the auto's were geared the same as the 4 spds. so 3000 @ 60 mph.
        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
          But no fuel injection...so this would make the 90 the only Festiva with a manual transmission and fuel injection to have a tach? The 91-93 had no tach on any model, even the GL...not sure if 91-92 GL Sports got a tach.

My Dad bought his white 1990 L Plus new. Now has 95,000 miles. It has fuel injection, 5-speed, factory air, white face tach, cassette AM FM combo, driver side outside mirror, rear window defroster, solid rear seat, automatic seat belting. No power steering. All works well, great driver ! Stock equipped everything, 12 inch steel rims/tires. Originally it had the 12 inch wheel beauty rings too.
          I believe it gets approx. 45 miles a gallon, driven normally and carefully. Seats and headliner still very good. Sticker price sheet has an $8,000 plus price, but he got it for $5,000 because of the dealer car lot hail storm. Has dents, but that don't stop her from buzzing down the road quick ! :p
          It always starts right off.
          So many I have seen have been abused, mistreated. Easy driving makes good sense to me, and the brakes and clutch still work great. But I can get her to 60 - 70 with ease .........

Comment

Can one of you lucky 1990 owners with the white-faced tach post a picture please? I have never seen a factory white-faced tach. I am assuming this is not the black face tach with white lettering, but actually a white tach with black or some other color lettering.
            thanks in advance!
            I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
            White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
            * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

no, it's white lettering instead of orange.
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Just me, but after comparing the 2 tach clusters side by side, I personally like the looks of the orange markings better than the white ones. To each his own!

Now what would be cool IMHO is to replace the entire instrument face with a white background w/some other color markings & lettering. Somebody's done that, yes??

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Working...
                X