No announcement yet.

Need clean 1993 Festy moved Seattle to Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3000 miles divided by 40 (at worst) MPG = 75 gallons of gas times $2.50 a gallon = 187.50 if I did my math right. That is not bad, but then you have to figure in a $300+- plane ticket to fly them back to Seattle (if they are from that area), plus food money and loding, and the risk of the drive. Why not drive it yourself?

Comment

I might consider doing this. Though Im only 18, and I dont know how youd feel about that. Plus I believe its hard to get a hotel when your under 21. I live in Naples which is the opposite coast to Miami. Just a plane ticket to Seatle would be neccesary.

IDK, just a thought.
      '97 Aspire

Comment

I don't know if my liability insurance would cover someone that young driving it.

I'm not driving it myself because I can't get that much time off from my new Miami job that came up on short notice. I'm flying Alaska Airlines Miami-to-Seattle nonstop on 11/25 for only $179+tax, then flying the Cessna to Miami at 122mph -- 3 days and at least 6 refueling stops. I'm only bringing the airplane to Miami because its new engine rusted up on me in Seattle last winter after I didn't fly it for a few months, and I don't need that kind of problem (overhaul -- including new pistons, camshaft, valves, and all the bearings and seals, all at airplane prices) again. I was told that a coat of "varnish" forms on the cylinder walls after about the first 50 to 100 hours. I had only 31 hours on it, leaving me particularly vulnerable to rust, particularly with the liquid atmosphere we have in Seattle.

Hey, AmericanClassicg over in Naples, all I really need here in Miami is some cheap wheels -- it doesn't have to be a Festy. Do you know of anything over there in Naples, even a Geo Metro or even an old VW, for, say, not more than $1500 that would get me around Miami? I'd prefer a manual transmission, and it'd be nice if it had working a/c since it's so humid, particularly with the heat -- 85 today, overnight low expected to be 72. I've been monitoring craigslist, and most everything I see it automatics, particularly Toyotas (about which I know nothing), and 1970s garbage and tanks (aka SUVs). I'd really like to get something this weekend so I can dump my rental car.
        88L black, dailydriver
        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg
        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

how much we talkin for the drive 500 plus one way ticket to seattle?
          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
            I don't know if my liability insurance would cover someone that young driving it.

I'm not driving it myself because I can't get that much time off from my new Miami job that came up on short notice. I'm flying Alaska Airlines Miami-to-Seattle nonstop on 11/25 for only $179+tax, then flying the Cessna to Miami at 122mph -- 3 days and at least 6 refueling stops. I'm only bringing the airplane to Miami because its new engine rusted up on me in Seattle last winter after I didn't fly it for a few months, and I don't need that kind of problem (overhaul -- including new pistons, camshaft, valves, and all the bearings and seals, all at airplane prices) again. I was told that a coat of "varnish" forms on the cylinder walls after about the first 50 to 100 hours. I had only 31 hours on it, leaving me particularly vulnerable to rust, particularly with the liquid atmosphere we have in Seattle.

Hey, AmericanClassicg over in Naples, all I really need here in Miami is some cheap wheels -- it doesn't have to be a Festy. Do you know of anything over there in Naples, even a Geo Metro or even an old VW, for, say, not more than $1500 that would get me around Miami? I'd prefer a manual transmission, and it'd be nice if it had working a/c since it's so humid, particularly with the heat -- 85 today, overnight low expected to be 72. I've been monitoring craigslist, and most everything I see it automatics, particularly Toyotas (about which I know nothing), and 1970s garbage and tanks (aka SUVs). I'd really like to get something this weekend so I can dump my rental car.
            Thats basically what youll find that cheap down here. A lot of late 80s/early 90s FWD GM cars to. If I see something Ill let you know though.
            '97 Aspire

Comment

Yeah DAS auto shipping is a rip off. Just give it some time and refresh your post once and a while. Wait for someone private to ship it. Since it's a long distance your problably gonna pay a decent amount. I got a car shipped from Minneapolis to Denver for $350 on that website!
              1989 B6T Festiva...... it is a constant work in progress.

Comment

Go by your local truck stop and see if you can get some help there.
                Drivers always looking for a load if they are deadheading back east to help pay for fuel.
                Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                99 Dodge Caravan SE
                95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
                  , all I really need here in Miami is some cheap wheels -- it doesn't have to be a Festy.
                  i saw a daewoo down the street a little bit for $999
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                  Paulbarrera12.com
                  Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Problem solved. I found a super-clean 4-cylinder 1.3L 1997 Geo Metro LSI with workiing a/c and new tires here in Miami for $1600. Blue-book (retail value) is $3725.

Only problem (besides being a Metro) -- it's an automatic. 0 to 60 in a pathetic 19 seconds. I've never timed it, but I think a (manual) Festy could do that in about 12 seconds.

As far as I can tell, the Festiva is now extinct in Florida.
                    88L black, dailydriver
                    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                    4 88/89 disassembled
                    91L green
                    91GL aqua pwrsteer
                    92GL red a/c reardmg
                    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

dude, my 88 5spd runs the 1/4mile in 17.9.... but, sounds like a nice commuter!
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                      X