No announcement yet.

can you remember...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I saw one, I was about 5 or 6.

My neighbor had a red 88L. I thought it was kind of a boring, dorky looking car.

I didn't realize I would be driving one ten years later....
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Sold the truck, wanted to buy a mini, but they were too expensive & old. Looked for the closest thing I could find. It was a tossup between the micra, the justy, & the festiva.

Did some web research & stumbled onto Cam's web page... That was pretty much it after that. Had to have one.
      Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

I went to my uncles house when i was... young and saw it on the drive way. I thought it was the best thing ever. Several years later he moved only 1.5hours away from me. One day when we were visiting i mentioned how i liked it. He let me take it for a drive(So much fun). Then almost a year later i was at mcdonalds working. There were about 80 people there VERY busy and i see my uncle there so i walked up to him and he just tossed the keys to me. I looked at him in amazment and he just said "enjoy" Smiled at me and left (of course not before i said "THANK YOU SO MUCH").
        Tim S

Comment

First look at a Festiva was in the August '88 issue of Motor Trend. I thought that the Festiva would be a great little car to own even back then. I was about 20 years younger then than now and didn't have the resources to buy a new car. When my wife and I were looking for an economical second car almost the first one that came to mind was the Festiva. That was in 2000 and I've had a Festiva ever since!
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by Slyder View Post
            I went to my uncles house when i was... young and saw it on the drive way. I thought it was the best thing ever. Several years later he moved only 1.5hours away from me. One day when we were visiting i mentioned how i liked it. He let me take it for a drive(So much fun). Then almost a year later i was at mcdonalds working. There were about 80 people there VERY busy and i see my uncle there so i walked up to him and he just tossed the keys to me. I looked at him in amazment and he just said "enjoy" Smiled at me and left (of course not before i said "THANK YOU SO MUCH").
            SWEET!!!
            Steve GT

Comment

July 1992
              I was in the garage frustarted with my 1984 Renault Alliance that just broke a connecting rod less than a week after it's second head job, 80k original miles
              My wife came out to the garage with an ad from the news paper for the local dealership that had 2 in stock.
              Packed the kiddies in the car, went for a ride and came home with my baby.
              Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
              The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

The first time I saw a Festiva was when a lesbian (yes real life lesbian) bought one at work. It was a siver 89 LX. I thought it was funny and laughed at her!

Well fast forward........................................... .........
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

First time I saw one was in the Car & Driver article when they first came out... Just knew I wanted one. Went down to the dealer and saw a white L+ with red hockey stripe, test drove it, bought it the next day. Have had it ever since!
                  If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                  Mark S.

Comment

Was changing jobs and had to drive 40 miles one-way to work. A white 1991 was setting on a small car lot in this little town of Sturgis, South Dakota. Yea, people really live there year round, not just during the biggest biker rally in the world. Anyway, I made a deal with the lot owner for $900. 5sp, rear wiper, and rear window defogger. Drove the car for two years, and sold it to a college student in Minn. for $1100. She had it for six months and totaled it. She sold it back to me for ten bucks, and I had to go get it. Great parts car for my 93 GL. Now this week, I picked up an abandoned 91, and got the title in the mail today.

Chuck
                    Chuck
                    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                    If money will fix it, it's not broken
                    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                    93 GL - Lil Red
                    91 L - Tweetystiva
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

Went to the Ford dealer in 1990 .They had a FIRST TIME BUYER deal.Thought the car was too small and dorky looking.Bought a Mazda B2000 truck instead.Now ,18 yrs later ,who would have guessed I would own 3.Bought all within the last 11 months.!Love'em.Also,I am a bouncer at a local club on the weekends.Boy , the looks I get when I leave.LOL.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slyder View Post
                        That gave me chills, sweet!
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I never payed any attention to small cars until I got my Festiva!
                          If I seen one on the Street probably thought it was a Honda,Toyota or Nissan.
                          Always been into muscle cars and motorcycles.
                          Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                          99 Dodge Caravan SE
                          95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                          94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                          78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                          78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                          03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                          95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                          95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                          95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

My friend marinepolice had one in like 2000. thought it did the cutest little one wheel peel. joined the old, old boards, saw cams car in sport compact car & when i had some cash bought my first one.
                            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

this is easy:

when i worked or a Ford dealer back in 1991 doing new car pre-inspections and driving them brand new off of the truck

also had a big laugh when one of my friends got clocked doing 100mph in a L on our test loop, which is still very funny to this day

it just took a year to buy one used

I am the original

Comment

100 MPH..... LMAO!!!! that is awesome!!! that must have been scary, i find anything above 130kmh/80mph is scary.....

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X