The Best Way to Break into a Festy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Way to Break into a Festy...

Last week I locked my keys in my festy (dumb..da dumb dumb) After a 1/2 thinking of thinking of the best way to break in (mine is air tight when locked up) I finally settled on sawing off the bolt on the passanger side flip out window. From there I reached in, unlocked the gate and crawled inside. When I got home, I pulled a new bolt off a spare window, good as new.

Hidden key is best I know, but thought I'd share this for any future duh! moments in the group....

Brenton
    Because....45 MPG.

Never thought of that,and I got a couple of those bolt in my glove box I got from the junk yard.

Befor I put a good stereo in my car I would never lock the rear hatch.
    Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
    99 Dodge Caravan SE
    95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
    94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
    78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
    78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
    03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
    95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
    95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
    95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Can't you use the old coat hanger trick? I would think that would work too.
      91 lx 4d hatch - first car and would be my father's dd if he would fix the waterpump
      91 lx 2d hatch - parts car
      92 lx-e - the quick, beat-up rustbucket
      98 se - the luxury dd
      in search of a festy...
      Going quickly in a slow car is more fun than going fast in a fast car, cause anyone can go fast in a fast car, but you take a car that is essentially not that powerful, and make it do things that its not supposed to be able to do, well that's where the real fun is. - Jay Leno

Comment

Alot of times other Festiva keys will work if you wiggle them alittle. As a last resort you could throw a brick threw a window!!!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

My good but worthless buddy suggested going through the windshield!...
          Because....45 MPG.

Comment

What i did was just squeeze my hand between the glass and door panel and popped it open again.
            Tim S

Comment

^^huh?
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

uuhhh that's not good....

screw driver works for me...
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                  ^^huh?
                  Ill try to explain it better. On your door panel between the glass and exterior of the door there is the rubber weather stripping. i put my hand down there and popped up the door lock...thing (couldn't think of correct word). I realize thats not the best way but it did work and there is no gap there or any thing. Hopefully that was a little clearer.
                  Tim S

Comment

^ Your hand fit in there? Or did you have the bend your door?
                    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                    RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by Slyder View Post
                      Ill try to explain it better. On your door panel between the glass and exterior of the door there is the rubber weather stripping. i put my hand down there and popped up the door lock...thing (couldn't think of correct word). I realize thats not the best way but it did work and there is no gap there or any thing. Hopefully that was a little clearer.
                      Either you have extremely thin hands or I am still lost.
                      Steve GT

Comment

I had locked my keys in my '89L. I bought a slim jim and it came in about two days. It then took me less than 20 seconds to open my car. The slim jim cost less than $10 shipped. I keep it in my garage now.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

You should strap that slim jim under your car so you always have it. With a festiva it is really easy to use the coat hanger trick though. I should buy a slim jim.

Comment

the BEST way is to lock the doors and not the hatch....NOBODY knows they lock separately....

Comment

^^^ at least nobody knew until you announced it just now :-P I usually use a coat hanger as a slim jim, just go in between the glass and weatherstripping and pop the lock up... I always break in on the passenger side, just in case I damage the lock mechanism or anything else inside the door, at least the drivers side will still be operable
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                              X