No announcement yet.

Ohhhhh.Guuuuyyysssss...lookie here !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah it will be 10 grand before your done transporting them out of there. whos got room for 30 festies?......... hey fresh?

Comment

• ^ Talk about transport costs!!!

IF somebody had time and space AND lived close . It MIGHT work. Parting them out and putting together the best ones. IF you could put together 10 to sell and parted out the rest and kept the best 5 for yourself you could do alright,
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• What a joke!!!!

Comment

• Carbon is exactly right, it's the only way it MAY work. But I'm with Bob on this one. You are talking weeks of work to transport...even if you could do. They are surely buried in mud. Even if you could build 10 cars for sale, at $1000 sale price each, you are still a long ways from your investment. And what about your time?
          The best deal was made the very fiest day when all the goodies were snagged up and flaunted in everybody's faces.
          Last edited by Levitan; 03-26-2009, 08:08 AM.
          ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
          #2 .....Cheesehead
          #3 '91 White - Donor Car
          #4 .....Montana Project
          SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
          Bought her back for $450
          Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

• $1000 dollars is alot of money to try to get for a Festiva. In my area it would have to be a pretty clean car.

Comment

• That's why I said, "Even if." Being those cars are in Ohio, few are probably rustfree.

Bob and I have talked about this in the past. It could work if a couple guys went in on the deal that lived close to the pick up point. The cars are purchased for $100 a piece, equaling $3000. Time and gas to haul to close destination for storage, $2000, for a total of $5000. The guys agreed that each picks 3 cars for their personal use. Leaves 24 cars. Build 7 cars immediately that sell for $750 each, $5250, and leaving 17 cars to part out or restore. Then the agreement is everything is split right down the middle on the remaining parts or cars sold.

Now redo the math with 10 guys, or even 5, at $250 per car and see that it's a waste of time and a potential friendship killer.

Somebody that lives near the guy needs to walk up to him with $3000 in a stack of $20s or $10s and seal the deal. (Make sure you have a big friend with you so you don't get robbed with that much cash!)
              Last edited by Levitan; 03-26-2009, 08:44 AM.

#2 .....Cheesehead
              #3 '91 White - Donor Car
              #4 .....Montana Project
              Bought her back for $450

Comment

• Originally posted by Levitan View Post
                The best deal was made the very fiest day when all the goodies were snagged up and flaunted in everybody's faces.
                Personally,since I am the one who bought the parts that day, I do take offense that you wrote that I "flaunted" it.I didn't flaunt anything.Everyone on here tells us when they "score" something.We like to hear it.

Comment

• Whatever. I'm not the only one that thinks that way, starting with the title, I'm just the one that is being real about it. Sorry you take offense to it.

#2 .....Cheesehead
                  #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                  #4 .....Montana Project
                  Bought her back for $450

Comment

• Originally posted by smcawc View Post
                    Go ahead ask...lol.!!!
                    Originally posted by smcawc View Post
                    I am working a deal to buy them ALL!!!! and a garage full of parts.I've already bought the roof rack,funtop,spoiler and a few other things.

I went and took 144 pics today.Discussed a little bit of pricing with owner.Not really looking good on individual pieces,but,we'll see.I want to see what people will pay for certain things ,so , how can I get an idea of who will pay for what ?? Like,door panels,wiper switches,mirrors,etc...Anyway,I put all 144 pics on photobucket.I want everyone to have access to them but I do not know how to do it .Anyone ??? I also figure he'll want somewhere in the range of 6-9k(I hope not more) for all of it.Don't know.
                    there are 32 total.I need a list of who wants what and what they would be willing to pay and add it all up and see if WE can get these.I cannot buy them.Somebody figure this out or "I'LL NEVER TELL WHERE THEY ARE AT "! LOL.j/k.
                    let me tell you , I have a lot more time in this and its a pain with these prices.he won't give me "piece prices". He wants Me to tell him what I will pay for each piece,so,this is why I want to make a cash offer for all,but,only a few have posted what they can contribute NOW and we should do it now.I have 2 guys so far that can have about $1500-1600 together,now.I know I won't and can't go to him or even talk to him with less than atleast a 5000-6000 offer.I took a ton of pics and drove over 50 miles each way twice.DON'T BE GOING AND TELLING THE LOCATION ...festivawannab...!!!!We can reveal to everyone if we can't , as a group make a deal .By the way,Festivawannab,if you knew about this place,why did you never hook us up before I found it ???
                    let's see,now that someone else said they know where they are...mysteriously the responses stop...Hmmmm....
                    Spoiler,funtop,rack,mudflaps(oh yeah there was a set of those ) are SOLD.I wrote that in the listing when I first started this thread.
                    No,it is not mine...YET!!!!
                    Now,I can't tell you that right now.I like being the FESTY GOD for the day.Although ALL of it is for sale.I might be needing some backers to buy them all.Anyone interested ???/ Or ......
                    These smcawc would all be examples of flaunting.
                    That guy wants $250 a piece for cars that probably dont run and have now been picked over even more since you started this whole thing. At this pont I wouldnt give more than $100 for one.
                    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                    - Unknown
                    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

• Did anyone notice the "LOL" and smileys ?

Comment

• 3 smileys, 2 lols and 1 j/k. Flauntings flaunting no matter how you try to sugar coat it. My point is this guys a fool if he thinks those cars are worth 250 each now. Especially after a few people have been there and gotten ahold of any goodies you didnt get 1st.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

• and niether one of you guys would have snatched up those rare parts if you had a chance to get them first?? be serious, i know both of you guys would have and would have posted pics to flaunt them too. some people just aren`t happy if they can`t have it all.

Comment

• I would have done the exact same thing smcawc did. I would have gotten every goody I could and tried to make the best deals I could. AND I would have come back here excited AND telling everybody about it. Call it gloating, flaunting, or bragging or whatever. I call it sharing great news. I was happy for him and I would expect everybody to be happy for me. I don't think he did anything wrong. I'm not trying to take sides or get anybody mad at anybody. I'm just saying I'd have done the same thing.
                            Last edited by neanderpaul; 03-26-2009, 08:55 PM.
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Yes I unashamedly admit I would have posted and flaunted what Id gotten. But I wouldnt have tried to get others to go in on some ridiculous deal to purchase them all so others could pick through the scraps Id left behind. It was and still is a deal that would have led to hard feelings Im certian.

And I dont think he did anything wrong showing off what he'd gotten. It was a hell of a score.
                              Last edited by MONSOON; 03-26-2009, 08:59 PM.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

• I never said he did anything wrong. I never said I wouldn't have done the same thing...ie my $35 spoiler and my $7.50 mudflaps I purchased and sold for $175. I even may have bragged a bit, but I never wanted to be the man for a minute. You were flaunting being God and that's okay. I really don't understand why you are offended by the word flaunting. I think Monsoon has supplied enough evidence to prove the verb is appropriate. There's nothing wrong with it. I wasn't degrading you. I was just calling it what it was. Let's not confuse the issue, the best deal was made the first day and the only way to make the deal work is at $100 each and only a couple business partners that live nearby the pick up point.

#2 .....Cheesehead
                                #3 '91 White - Donor Car
                                #4 .....Montana Project
                                Bought her back for $450

Comment

Working...
                                X