FB71 and Pu241's Excellent Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome!
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I'm going to put my own spin on what I think DJ may done. Techno was always evolving, never finished. I'll see what I can do in that vein...

Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on your point of view), Techno is basically a clean slate... not a shred of the hardware DJ installed remains,
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Glad you guys made it back safely!

It was awesome meeting you! My family (mom especially) really enjoyed having y'all stay the night, and if one or both of you are in the area again, my house is open to you.

I really enjoyed the thorough discussions of (among other things) biodiesel, women, and of course Festivas. Plus the shop manuals were a nice bonus. Thanks!

I can't wait for Techno to be back in action and look forward to updates. It's great knowing that piece of FF.com history is in good hands now.

-Tim

PS... Did you beat your record of 24.5 hours on the way back?
        Tim, you and your mom were fantastic hosts! I cannot thank the two of you enough for your hospitality.

No, I didn't beat my time. There were a string of accidents and road closures from Quantico, VA all the way to White Marsh, MD. It took me FOREVER to travel that last leg. 95 miles, should have taken 2 hours, took 4 1/2!!!
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          I really enjoyed the thorough discussions of (among other things) biodiesel, women, and of course Festivas.
          yeah, that smokin' blonde at Denny's, and the cutie working the register at McDonalds...
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
            yeah, that smokin' blonde at Denny's, and the cutie working the register at McDonalds...
            Glad to see you were eating healthy....lol
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Good job on the recovery!
              Can't wait to see what will happen to Techno.
              ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
              91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
              1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
              2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

#/usr/sbin/classify -privatekey < /usr/bin/secmail/boxid=0x2410FB71 > /usr/bin/decrypt -plaintext | /dev/SecureConsole &
                #classify~procid: 07CF0E3, status: done
                #decrypt~procid: 07CF1FE, status: streaming...

=== CLASLEV: Classified, SECLEV: Need To Know, DISTLEV: Geo-Sep Team ===
                // Initialize Secure Plaintext Block // Do Not Print // Eyes Only //
                ***BEGIN***
                Previously undisclosed shadow team Festiva Operation Rescue & Deliver (FORD) returns to base today from successful covert recon/recovery ops. Target codename "TECHNO" recovered by FORD operatives FB71 and PU241 with no collateral damages. Team reports transit sightings of numerjous scope-able FBU's (Female Babe Units) & that collaboration with recon outpost team members was crucial to mission success. Commendations forthcoming to FORD Operatives FB71 and PU241.
                ***END***
                // Terminate Secure Plaintext Block // Do Not Print // Eyes Only //

# /bin/redirect -secure -encrypt -all /dev/SecureConsole > /dev/null &
                #/usr/bin/shutdown -h now
                WARNING! System Shutting Down IMMED~
                Last edited by sam.1956; 12-31-2008, 01:05 AM.

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

^^^LOL sam

looks like too much time reading terminal output on Marathon

Sounds like an excellent adventure FB and PU
                  Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                  Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

Sounds like you had quite the road trip, but glad to hear you got it safe and sound and can't wait to see pics and plans for the future

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I was wondering when you guys were going to let everybody know you were going to get the car. I thought you had picked it up back in September.
                      The Festiva Store
                      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

"Cryptonomicon" is my latest literary fascination. That and too much retained memory of my old Unix sysadmin days/daze!! LOL

Originally posted by Icedawg View Post
                        ^^^LOL sam

looks like too much time reading terminal output on Marathon

Sounds like an excellent adventure FB and PU

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                        In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Working...
                        X