1992 festiva worth $350 or trade???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Stinger,
    When you look at the ride, forget looking at the panels, ie door, front fenders, hatch. All those are replaceable for cheap. Look at the main structure of the car. Rear wheel wells, driver's side floorboard in front of the rear wheel (where all the brake lines are), dents on the roof. If the windshield is cracked, that's a $150 bill.

You don't have to buy it the second you see it. Ask the guy what his bottom dollar is. Tell the guy you'll get back to him, and report back to us.

PM me if you have any questions.
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

After looking at the craigslist pictures again, I would take ten, $20 bills with me though or twenty, $10 bills. If the wheels are pretty clear of road rash and the tires are near new, there is $200 of value. If it passes the things I mentioned in the last post, I'd fan out the twenties and tell him "I'll give you two hundred dollars and get it outta your hair." Then, if nothing else, you can part it out while you wait for the next one to come along. Just my 2 cents.
      Last edited by Levitan; 01-02-2009, 07:04 AM.
      ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
      #2 .....Cheesehead
      #3 '91 White - Donor Car
      #4 .....Montana Project
      SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
      Bought her back for $450
      Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/976937000.html This person is dreaming! Makes the $350 look like a deal!

Comment

I would check underneath and be sure not a BIG rust problem. Drive it if possible, look it over inside, door panels , windows, the hatch, doors, hood open and close OK ? Steering, clutch , brakes OK ? Glass ? All guages, heater fan, etc. work ? How is interior ?
          Look it over carefully, 2 and 3 times even.
          Common sense stuff, can it be brought up better with not too much cost ? Just keep it simple, and do things a bit at a time, and as a potential keeper, put into it slowly, but use it too. Economical travel is the priority thing I think, what we are all after, and if fuel costs go high, we are glad we have these for running around with.
          I think a guy has to have a real fondness for these cars, and dedication, really !

:icon_smile:

Comment

Just be careful that it doesn't have a lot of structural rust.

I just bought a '93 Festiva that has over 200,000 miles on it BUT ... no rust, everything works, runs great, no smoke, no oil leaks, returning me 44 MPG overall over the last 3,000 miles. I paid $700 for it. The seats are in terrible shape and have throw-covers over them, and the hood and right front fender are straight but have a spray-can paint job on them (they were replaced after a deer strike).

You'd be a LOT better off saving your money up and starting with a car like mine rather than try to bring a rusty car back from the dead for $350.

UNLESS you are striving to learn to be a master welder and body man, and have a MIG welder and a lot of patience and time!

Lannis

Comment

Im not sure as of yet what my plans will be, its a rusty car and im not thinking it would be worth $350 not even $200 maybe $175 or something

Comment

$350???

350 is great...grab it

Comment

When you look at it in person, check the frame rails carefully. They will rust through. One of the Festies I picked up recently had the frame rails and floor pans so badly rusted that when I placed a jack under there, it went right through the rail and through the floorpan. Once the frame rails go, I do not believe there is a fix.
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
                  88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
                  88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
                  06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

By the looks of the rocker panels I would say its probably a rust bucket. Be carfull.

Comment

didnt you say it didnt have a title? right there its only worth scrap price. with the body being that bad on top of no title its a $100 car at best just for parts. dont let your enthusiasm(sp?) let you make a bad deal.
                      88 mustang 427 stroker garrett t-76 turbo best run 8.86@ 151.56

91 red gl festiva the $50 daily driver <--toast
                      WANTED 78-80 FORD FIESTA (PREF GHIA)

Comment

Working...
                      X