2011 Chevy Aveo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
    I'm sure we can make safer cars that get the mileage of Festies. Has anyone seen a Festiva crash test? I would be interested in seeing that. Wow, the driver really ate that steering wheel, didn't he?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
    88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
    88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
    06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Originally posted by JumboShrimp View Post
      Its a survivable crash? lol
      If you're in the back seat. Maybe.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I really liked my early Metros...never imagined they would destruct like that. The new cars are so good that they do not buckle and in some cases the windshields do not break! Maybe that is why the new Fit etc weigh so much. Still, I like the older small cars better.

Comment

That was wild on the Metro but I clicked on the SMART car test on the same page. They sure do crow about that "safety cage" or whatever they call it but watch the crash, then wait and watch the slo-mo version. The car crumples for about the fist 12" then stops. Sure that keeps the damage mainly in front of the firewall (it did do that REALLY well) but I can't help thinking that even with the airbags you're gonna be hurtin' BAD after going 60-0 so quickly. I bet the dummies' whole brain is frontal lobe after that.

Still not slammin' SMART car drivers, just a thought.
          1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
          1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
          1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
          FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

well, since I am missing that part...no worries!

Comment

i love boxish cars, i wanted a Xb as soon as i saw on, and the new ones are great too. i like the honda element, and all the chevy micro concepts from the past few years. i guess that what i like about our cars, its the little box that could!

Comment

im in the young age group (20) and i swore i would never buy a new car years ago.
                they are getting goofier and goofier looking.
                87 rx7
                92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
                94 caddi deville
                99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
                  Look at Jumboshrimp's Metro. Sleek styling that still looks good today! Weak body structure...check out the crash test of it....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzTP6cMLwRY
                  Take that Blue man group!!!
                  1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Comment

Originally posted by rancheeto View Post
                    im in the young age group (20) and i swore i would never buy a new car years ago.
                    they are getting goofier and goofier looking.
                    I agree with you 100% they keep getting worse each year in my opinion, I'm young too (16)
                    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Working...
                    X