Flat towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KyMoonshine View Post
    Looks like you kept the bumper skin...did you drill through it? or pull it..add the mounts and put it back on?
    Neither, I used a different tow bar.
    A frame attaches to one of cross member nuts and one of the front anti-swaybar bushing clamp nuts as well as bolting into the cross member running left to right. Then the bar itself attaches to the frame.
    No need to remove the bumper or bumper cover.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Seeing a Festiva tow a Festiva just makes me think of a predator-prey thing.
      Like a Festiva has found its dinner and is taking it home to eat it.

How does the steering in the towed vehicle work? Do you brace the steering wheel forward or keep it unlocked and let the front wheels turn?
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Unlocked & let it turn.

I know ...resurrecting an old thread and all, but I couldn't find any images of the the attachment setup's as described in the previous couple of posts?
        I have a U-Haul Adjustable V tow bar but i need to sources or fab brackets to mount it while retaining the the bumper cover.

Comment

Some autos can be towed, some cannot.
          Some require stops every 400 miles or so to run the engine and circulate fluid.
          You must investigate the year/make/model you cannot make a decision that covers every auto trans.

Comment

Working...
          X