No announcement yet.

Just my opinion but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a junkyard yesterday and asked the guy in the office if they had any festivas. He just looked and me and said "No, we don't have any festivas." Right as he said that another guy that worked at the junkyard walked up and said "We got a festiva right there.", and pointed about 40 feet away! So they "allowed" me to check it out. It had a white tach cluster and a driver side power mirror. When I returned to the office to get prices, the guy said "Uhh, 50 bucks for the cluster", then added "We don't seperate the mirror from the door, you have to buy the whole door." Jerk!
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I was lucky when I got Cherry Bomb. I found out when i went back a few days later to get the title that it was slated to be crushed. I will say that this particular j/y was great to deal with.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
      88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
      88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
      06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

My dad works at a wrecker here and they do normally crush the stuff they don't sell much from to make room for the new stuff but this year no one around here is crushing anything because metal isn't worth anything.... Last year a crushed car was selling for about $175 cdn and this year it was down to about $17 but has since rose to about $35.
        90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
        BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
          I went to a junkyard yesterday and asked the guy in the office if they had any festivas. He just looked and me and said "No, we don't have any festivas." Right as he said that another guy that worked at the junkyard walked up and said "We got a festiva right there.", and pointed about 40 feet away! So they "allowed" me to check it out. It had a white tach cluster and a driver side power mirror. When I returned to the office to get prices, the guy said "Uhh, 50 bucks for the cluster", then added "We don't seperate the mirror from the door, you have to buy the whole door." Jerk!
          That's retarded because at 43 auto we take all the door mirrors off to make more money...
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

We have a crush pile at work, but we have yet to call the cruch to come andpick them up.....i bet the crush pile stands 35 feet tall and 50 yards long!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
              That's retarded because at 43 auto we take all the door mirrors off to make more money...
              Yeah, it didn't make sense to me. Also, this wasn't a "U-pull-it" type place, so it seems like they do it their way just to give them less work.
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Some of our salesman will turn down a potenial sale of a selt belt, but for mostof the time they cater to everyones needs.

Comment

I remember trying to find a Festiva at a junkyard. It was there a few days before. I was looking in the row and couldn't find it. I went back to double check on the computer and asked someone to help me locate it. A worker took me on a golf cart to the row where it was being held, but there was nothing there. They just scrapped the entire row...

Comment

My experience has been roughly the same as Levitan's. NEVER show excitment or desire for parts, they tack on more before they even look. I had one jerg-off say to me after askinf nicely "any festivas?"--Nope....and gooood luuuuccckkk (in that Catcher in the Rye sort of phony way)

I know a few good one's though.

FX
                    Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Working...
                    X