No announcement yet.

How long have you had a Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prior to its untimely demise, the Batstiva is the only Festiva I have owned. Got it in June 1998. Served me well until mid-August.

But she will ride again!

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

technically I've only owned mine for a not even a month but I've had it for 2 years was is sisters name cause she got a hell of a deal on insurance so when i bought it i had it put into her name to save bout 50 bucks a month on insurance
      Jason
      wishing i had a festi again

Comment

Since I was 17 and I'm 22 now soooooooo around 5 years :lol: I'm on my 3rd Festiva... Dark Red '88 carb'd 4 spd, Silver '89 carb'd 5 spd, and now onto my White '90 FI 5spd... I've loved 'em all!! -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

I have owned about 6 Festy's

I have owned about 6 Festy's, many were donor cars for the "Eye of Ra" I would take parts and then fix those cars up and sell e'm to invest in my 1993 "Eye of Ra." Shopping around here in NM you can find e'm cheap and without rust. I have owned my 1993 "Eye of Ra" for 11 yrs. I have 240+ miles. Darn things run forever if you take good care of e'm. They're great cars.

Comment

I've had a festiva on and off since I was 16. My first was a 90 Sunsport - sunroof, auto - good little car. Totalled it twice, first time rolled, second time rear-ended, only owned it 6 months and only had 80k on it. The second was a 88L that good kissed on the drivers front. It had a twisted front end but it ran good with almost 200k. That was in 99 or 2000.. can't remember. Owned it for about 9 months and sold it for more than I bought it. My current yellow Festiva L i've had since Nov. 2003 and 40k and planning on owning it for a long time. I got the aspire in May of 2004 and I don't now how long i'll keep it... it's been a rather big in my butt. It was off the road for 6-9 months while I replaced the motor. My dad has had festiva's constantly though. His first was the 90 Sunsport which he had for a year, the second was a 93L beautiful blue in color he had that for 2 or 3 years till an alero pulled out in front of me at 55mph, the current one is a 91 L bought with 84K and now has 180k. He's had it for 5-6 years and hoping that will keep going till he retires which is in another 10 years. But since I can't convince him to wash it the rust has started and gets worse by the year.
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

how long..

I'm 2 years out of high school, that makes it just about 4 years!
              *1992 Sport "Beauty" and 1989 L "Beast"

Comment

8) bought my 1988 L+ in Sept. of 1988, and have driven it ever since! Didn't drive it much between 2000 and 2003, since I was selling cars and had a demo to drive, but my Festiva has always been good to me these last 17 years!

recently painted it blue and white like a Mini, still get 40 mpg average, heater takes forever to heat, a/c has been broken since 1992, but I still get a kick out of driving her!!

b.t.w, 167,000 miles, still on the original clutch!!
                If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                X